Slight Twinge

Zetti

Barefooters
Feb 17, 2012
Its probably nothing, but I have been feeling a slight twinge (almost a tightness) in the depicted area of my foot/ankle.
I usually feel it while walking, or in the beginning of a run.
Once it warms up, I really don't fell it anymore.
I will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any worse, and if it does take some time off...but...
Is this something I should worry about?
C:\Documents and Settings\haughnl\Desktop\foot-inside.jpg

and here's the foot attachment

Attachments

• foot-inside.jpg
    foot-inside.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 12
You're in "Ask The Docs" and I'm not a doc. Be that as it may...............

I'm going to guess Posterior Tibialis tendon. Check out Posterior Tibialis Tendonitis. One thing that can help this is to massage the muscle. It runs behind the shin. You get to it buy massaging on the inside of the shin - right where the bone stops and the flesh part begins. Massage that all the way up to the knee. Loosening up that muscle may take some tension off the tendon.

Jim

It seems like Dr. Stoxen must be traveling at the moment, as he is not answering the ATD questions. Please be patient. Ha! Pun there. Me funny.

Reactions: Zetti
You're in "Ask The Docs" and I'm not a doc. Be that as it may...............

I'm going to guess Posterior Tibialis tendon. Check out Posterior Tibialis Tendonitis. One thing that can help this is to massage the muscle. It runs behind the shin. You get to it buy massaging on the inside of the shin - right where the bone stops and the flesh part begins. Massage that all the way up to the knee. Loosening up that muscle may take some tension off the tendon.

Jim
Ill give that a shot.
thanks

you guys are great!
Thanks! :)

This just started to get a little more intense....I'm assuming so, but is it okay to ice this???

Dr. Klein should be on this evening to answer some pending questions.

Reactions: Zetti

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts