skin infection maybe athletes toes?

Henry Dang

Barefooters
Jun 13, 2015
Been dealing with some skin infections i got probably from barefooting. Ive had the skin infection on the small toe for about 4-5 months and the big toe for about 2 months. Ive been using salt iodized and sea salt soaks room temp water and applying a anti bacterial cream however things have not gotten better, i even stopped running and now wear sandals everywhere. Suggestions? :(

Attachments

• 20161107_104550.jpg
    20161107_104550.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 13
  • 20161107_104440.jpg
    20161107_104440.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 13
May God speed your recovery. Be careful and see your doctor; I keep regular appointments with a dermatologist. Learn as much as you can about impetigo and other types of diagnoses. I'm no doctor, but I've always liked to make my own herbal concoctions, usually oil-based. I could imagine that salt could dry out the skin and make it crack more, so I always stick with oils. Mostly I'll use olive oil as a base; it was a staple of the Jews, Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Spaniards, and North Africans, and besides, using it makes me feel like an ancient Olympian hero! In addition to using it on the rest of the body for cleaning and massage, there are specific references to its being used specifically for foot-care in the Bible. Sometimes I'll mix with aloe vera gel; my worst problems usually have to do with cracking skin. But if I have particularly infectious problems, I'll mix it with natural antibacterial oils such as Australian tea-tree oil (that'll make the oil poisonous, though!), or mix in some garlic or onions or ginger, or even powdered thyme. Occasionally I'll use vinegar on my toenail fungus, as well, and my wife asks about that "salad dressing" I'm putting on my feet.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7