site doesn't refresh if NOT logged in... can someone confirm?

TJ, Joe-- This is possibly an important bug. When I look at the site and am NOT logged in, I do not see any recent changes to the site. For example earlier tonight I changed the Library page. When I returned to the site just now, but was not logged in, the changes were not visible even after pressing Refresh on my browser. The version was.. several days old maybe?

I've noticed similar activity with two different browsers (Firefox and Chrome) on two different OS's (windows and Linux).

This is important because lots of people come to the site without logging in.

Can anyone else confirm this?

This is important, Stomper. 

This is important, Stomper. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I'll let you know what I find out.

Yes, my posts are not showing

Yes, my posts are not showing up in the index pages of the forums until hours (maybe even a whole day) later. This seems to coincide with changes that were made during the multi-week, maintainance-related site-outage which took place sometime around January. For the sake of the site, I hope you get this problem resolved, because it makes discussion pretty much useless.

Well, this is interesting.

Well, this is interesting. My post in this thread showed up immediately in the index and I see that my recent post in the Gear and Footwear forum has finally shown up in its index (59 minutes after I posted it). On my thread regarding the Paper-Feet product (http://www.barefootrunners.org/forum-topic/questions-about-paper-feet) some of my posts didn't show in the forum index for several hours. It made me wonder if there was much point in using the site anymore.

And nwith that post, I see

And nwith that post, I see that the problem is happening again.

I noticed this while browsing

I noticed this while browsing the forums a couple days ago without logging in. It showed nobody posted all day while I was checking the site from work but not logged in, but when visited again that evening from home where I was logged in, there were loads of posts that happened all day long.

The outage we experienced was

The outage we experienced was due to the previous hosting company's hosed up migration, not maintenance.

However, we will soon be upgrading the site to a slightly newer version. With this upgrade, we hope that the kink with the refresh issue will be worked out.

Donations are always helpful and go toward improving the site. ;-)

BTW, there is supposed to be

BTW, there is supposed to be a delay in what the anonymous viewer sees and what a logged in member sees. The site gives priority to the cache offered to those logged in. Still, it shouldn't take that long to show updates.

Okay, I just tweaked a cache

Okay, I just tweaked a cache setting on the site, won't go into details, but please let me know if you all notice if the cache refresh/page updates are occurring more frequently now. Thanks!

I have been working on the

I have been working on the cache refresh issue, and I'm finding that the newest tweak is working. The cache will refresh each hour. I cannot and will not decrease this threshold, since it will tax the site and increase bandwidth utilization. This is a very satisfactory result. If you all do not find new content at least each/every hour when you know there should be, please let me know.

Are these forums being served

Are these forums being served from someone's personal laptop/net-connection or something similar? This is the first site I've been on which had such limitations on the user experience.

Is your question serious,

Is your question serious, Nyah? Is that what you really believe is going on? So, do you notice an improvement in refresh or not?

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts