Shout Out and Hello form Las Vegas

Dot2Dot3

Barefooters
Nov 7, 2010
Hello All... New here and to BFR... but i can tell you I LOVE IT! I just started running barefoot 1 week ago... i know... not long but in that time i've not had any pain in my knees!! That's the reason i found BFR. Not only am i stoked about finding Barefoot Runners Society but there is a Chapter here in Las Vegas!!! Woot.... and soo happy they have accepted my in their group.

It's amazing how good i feel running barefoot but definitey understand how one can get caught up in that feeling and forget they (ME) are newbies!! Today i made my 8th run and pushed to 11 or 12 minutes and 1.2 miles .... ummm... i know i could have gone longer well at least in my head but my body was like WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!! Not so fast buddy... yeppers... got my first blood blisters today as well... dang... ok a couple days off for me but i'll be back and just enjoying the run.... Thank you guys for this and i'm sooo grateful to have found like minded souls!!

Take care,

Curtis
smile.png

Nice to meet you Dot! Glad

Nice to meet you Dot! Glad you found a local group to run with. That's awesome. Sounds like you understand the key to barefoot running transitioning: take it easy. I'm still in the transitioning phase as well and want to push to at least what my fitness level is, but I'm still having to back off to what my soles can handle at this point.

These people are an awesome source of information. They will help get you through. They've been my foundation. Glad you're enjoying BFR!

There's a perfect example of

There's a perfect example of the soles not letting you go farther than you should, and why it is so important to not wear minimalist footwear while starting out. He now has to take a couple of days off, which will not only allow his plantar skin to heal but allow his body to adapt to the changes that took place during that "short" run.

You listened to your body, and that prevented injury. Welcome!

Welcome Dot (and welcome to

Welcome Dot (and welcome to our Vegas chapter too!). I look forward to doing some running with you soon.

Wow... thank you guys for the

Wow... thank you guys for the welcome! I look forward to reading about everyones "adventures" and their thoughts on BFR!

Run safe and strong!! :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7