Share with me your favorite barefoot, running, etc related books

Sounds good, I've got it

Sounds good, I've got it saved as a Google doc (posted the link in the first post). Just let me know when you're ready for it or if you want anything added/edited etc and I'm on it.

I think a library of resources, research, books ets is an excellent idea!

Thank you.  Yes, now if only

Thank you. Yes, now if only we can hire a barefoot librarian... Any takers?

oh TJ, don't entice me

oh TJ, don't entice me :p

I envision a tab at the top

I envision a tab at the top of our (that's all of us) site that reads Library. Once it is opened we have categories with lists of emperical evidence, research, articles, books, and movies all related to the benefits of barefoot and minimalist running. I started a list a long time ago on "that other forum" that got stickied to the top there. We can borrow that, or if Jason has been expanding upon it, we can just grab his.

I'd also like to see a Minimalist Shoe Review tab where we have multiple views on different types of minimalist footwear that's out there as well as what is expected to come. I dream of a "Minimalist Shoe Standard" (MSS) where we devise the parameters in which a shoe will qualify as being minimal. This is a project I have on hold at the moment but plan to recruit the biggest names in the "Minimalist Footwear Movement" (MFM). Like my acronyms? It must be the techie in me. I believe I even coined the BFR one over at "that other forum." I was so tired of typing out barefoot running and running barefoot, it just seemed to stick. Everyone uses it now and on all types of forums, blogs, etc. I think Jason or Greg started the MR (Minimalist Running/Minimalist Running Shoe) acronym, and Greg started the RRS (Reduced Running Shoe) acronym. We were just trying to get everyone on the same page, since we were all so new at actually having a place to talk about barefoot running. Funny though, I don't use the acronym BFR anymore. Okay, where was I going with all this? I tell you, my head is just swarming with BFR TMI.

We are planning a Stomp of Approval (or Stompers) tab or list for all those who have been Stomped by the BRS. If you would like to receive a Stomp for your site, and you feel your site represents the ideals and vision of the BRS, please email [email protected].

I believe TOFP was my

I believe TOFP was my invention, as was the "stomp" (this started with huang's foot) and expended to the potential for other site's. :pat on back:

So you're saying that we need

So you're saying that we need a spot for all of the BFR related acronyms in this library as well, just to get through the info we'd be reading in the library :p ?

You've got some excellent ideas TJ, brilliantly excellent. This site and movement will be a force to be reckonded with for sure.

Great to hear IBMT, I'm

Great to hear IBMT, I'm undecided which book I'll find next for audio reading...may have to go with this one. When does the documentary come out?

We couldn't remember who came

We couldn't remember who came up with the term Stomp. So that was you, Ram, on "that other forum?" Thank you! Just to let you know we have a Stomp of Approval program here at the BRS we offer to sites, bloggers, and barefoot-friendly/divisioned events to display on the site and printed material. We owe the name to you.

I really love Huang's logo. I was going to ask him if we could use it to represent the BRS, but then I read one of his posts "on that other forum" that eveyone is welcome to use it AND as long as it didn't tie in with making money. Well, as you all know, we are NOT making any money here at the BRS, but we DO hope to bring in some sort of income to help fund and grow the site.

Now who coined TMTS? Well looky here... I went back to "that other forum" to see who started first using this acronym and this is what I found...

(Too bad they don't let us search all the way back on those posts. It's like they archive them after so many days or posts have gone by.)

Re: calf crampposted at 7/20/2009 10:20 PM CDT Barefoot TJPosts: 4946
First: 11/15/2008
Last: 8/28/2010TMTS. Can we start a new acronym here? Too much too soon (TMTS). Do I hear a second.

Not picking on you, Bill. It's just that so many people end up having problems, because they are over doing it. That's what I think it is, TMTS. You may have pulled a calf muscle. I don't think you should run on it until it has healed. You need protein for muscle recovery and plenty of fluids, like Notleh said. Easy, gentle stretching and icing will help as well, but you have to be consistent with it.

Running Nike Free 0.0

Thanks, Zum.  Since I am no

Thanks, Zum. Since I am no longer working in IT and staying home to raise our kids, my brain works overtime. It's a curse I tell ya, a curse!

Finally got some free time

Finally got some free time this last week and finished Michale Sandler's Barefoot Running. I really enjoyed it, and I am looking forward to his upcomiing documentary, another barefoot plug.

Zumba, check out runbare.com

Zumba, check out runbare.com for continued detail disclosure. There is a link to a youtube preview of the documentary there. Enjoy.

Ted's Leadville race report

Ted's Leadville race report states there may be a movie on Born to Run coming out. WHOO-HOO! If that hits the movie theatres or our TV sets, we will no longer be considered freaks in the eyes of most people...I predict.

I had thought so already by

I had thought so already by virtue of the best seller's listing.

I think by now EVERYBODY is aware of the concept, it's just that very few are willing to give it a go.

But once they see it and

But once they see it and romanticize it on the BIG screen, their view will more than likely change.

haha, TJ...tru dat Mama! No

haha, TJ...tru dat Mama! No rest for the brain on overdrive.

Thanks IBMT, I'll check it out. I have seen a few of Michael Sandlers videos on youtube. Good stuff.

and BTR on the big screen. Hmm, I'm curious to see how this pans out.

TJ, I found the thread I

TJ, I found the thread I started on the "Stomp" and a pic of my first one at the B'more 1/2 marathon. It is at a running store set-up at the expo.

www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/barefoot-running/lets-stomp-running-world/.0

c50e333e-0057-45c6-b2a4-a9ac9dcad3a9.Medium.jpg

Yes, yes, yes, I remember

Yes, yes, yes, I remember it now. I remember that post and that picture! That Huang is a real artist. I thought that was so funny what you did by setting those signs out. You were stomping the shod; we are stomping the barefoot-friendly. We used the term Stomp to make a Stomp of Approval to offer sites, bloggers, events (barefoot-friendly/divisioned) that support BFR. Our Stomp program is doing very well thanks to Mike Rives, Promotion Chair for the BRS. Thanks, Mike!

Now, do you want to research who came up with MR?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon