Shadows. Winters training aid

EricsLearning

Barefooters
Nov 1, 2010
Well the days are getting really short and I'm having to run in the dark except for weekends now. I noticed something last week while I was in a darker section of the hood. The beam of light from my headlamp bounces A LOT. At least it did when I first noticed. I realize that, unless I tighten the straps to the point that I cut off circulation to my brain, I will never get the beam of light to stay still but its my winter goal. The less the beam bounces around the smoother I feel my running is getting.

Does anyone else use shadows or lights to gauge their head bob?

If you don't like the

If you don't like the bouncing and can find some other way to gauge your bouncing, if that's your goal, why not just strap the head lamp to your waist? That's what I do. It places the light much closer to the ground, so you can see so much better, and it bounces a whole lot less too.

I have longish hair. If the

I have longish hair. If the hair flops, too much bounce. If the hair is mostly still, good.

When the sun is out, that's also fun to watch. If I see it, that means six more weeks of running. ;)

If you are running on an uneven or rough road, though, I would think some up/down movement could be expected?

I too noticed some bounce

I too noticed some bounce when I got my first headlamp back in summer. It was just before I transitioned to bf. Also my light has a hotspot in the middle of the beam so it was more apparent and distracting. But as time went on bf it improved, and now is just about bounce free, at least on the road. Some of it may be compounded by the headlamp design, how far out the weight is from the band and how elastic the band is. My headlamp came with a very stretching elastic band with a silicone holder. Very hard not to have bounce. I switched to a more rigid nylon band (nite-ize) and that greatly helped.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7