Sewers, enlighten me please....transition footwear solution?

Actually- REAL dancers shoes

Actually- REAL dancers shoes come in a variety of widths.. they may be able to better fit than anything else out there, BUT.. they are also expensive and wearing them on the surfaces we do would wear the soles out FAST.

I too have a "little" MT

I too have a "little" MT causing calluses and pain at the base of my second toe. My best running shoes are my leather sandals. It's a slab of thick (almost 1mm) leather from an old bag painted at the bottom with 2 coats of Plastidip. I use elastic laces. I've been using them for a while, with or without socks, and just ran 13 miles on asphalt in them yesterday and they are the most comfortable option for me at this point.

s-P1040103.JPG
They are not as pretty as dancers shoes but they do the job. You could alway use pink Plastidip ;-) (http://www.plastidip.com/industrial_solutions/Create_Your_Color_Kit)

Those are great, Sloutre. I

Those are great, Sloutre. I need to dig out my huaraches from last year. They are similar to yours with the thin leather sole. Does the Plastidip make them less "floppy"? I have some Plastidip that I used on my ZEMs so I could try it.

They are not floppy at all. I

They are not floppy at all. I don't know if it's the plastidip or the lacing method but they stay pretty close to my feet. The plastidip is there mostly to protect the sole in wet weather. My previous pair disintegrated on a rainy day. These have been through rain and puddles wihtout problem.

It looks like I need to re-apply plastidip. The heel area is wearing out, probably because I'm heel striking during my walk breaks ;-)

Yes, I like how your lacing

Yes, I like how your lacing method is so far up on the toes--I can see how that would help a lot with floppiness. I'll have to try the PlastiDip to see if that helps too.

What kind of elastic lacing did you use? I have a very thin leather that I love but of course it does sometimes have to be adjusted.

I didn't take it that way,

I didn't take it that way, Beth. No worries.

Norm, the Undeez don't look like they will last very long. You could make your own and modify the design so that the pad is one large piece (instead of the two pieces like the picture I saw shows), and you can use more durable materials too. I'm afraid if the sole is anything other than leather, it will force you to run slightly up on your toes; otherwise, you will feel the edge of the rubber cutting into your foot at both after the ball and at the toes. I'd like to see what you come up with.

Also, that sandal looks way too stiff, it has a heel, and the material is that patent leather and will tear up easily. I wouldn't use them. It's possible that they are way too slippery too, but it's hard to tell from the picture.

I used that tying method

I used that tying method before, Sloutre, but since I have neuromas in my feet, it caused my toes/mettys to compress on the nerves with caused my toes to go numb. Now, I use a method similar to H.E.'s, and I don't have that problem anymore, and they don't flop around at all.

Beth, I used elastic laces

Beth, I used elastic laces from Sport Authority, about $5. You could probably find something cheaper, by the yard, at and outdoor or boating store.

At first it was hard to get the knot tight enough and they will untie while running but after a few days I didn't have that problem anymore.

Ok, got my plasti dip..now to

Ok, got my plasti dip..now to find a pair of toe socks to butcher:p

Stay tuned~

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7