San Diego Fireworks = Epic Fail!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010

Boom goes the dynamite (and SD's budget)!

If you notice, there are three locations set up a distance from one another for this particular show. All of the fireworks were set off at the same time due to a computer glitch (human?) of some kind.

That's even made the morning news over here. Classic :)

That's because you Brits like any chance to tease us about our little departure from the Mother Land. Hee.

That's because you Brits like any chance to tease us about our little departure from the Mother Land. Hee.

Guilty as charged.

And please remember next time, it's Brits with a capital B;)

I have no idea whatever it is you could possibly be talking about. :p

die spinnen die amis... but their fireworks disasters are nothing compared to the fun-loving Danes:

That is spectacular Willie. There was something similar here a few years ago which ended up with the owner being heavily prosecuted as he was more than 100% in excess of his storage license.

Man, Willie, that was frightening. I wonder if everyone is okay. Hey, and what are they doing celebrating OUR Fourth of July anyway? Hee.

have you heard of Up Helly Aa? A viking festival in the Shetlands, the UK's most northerly islands?

Spectacular doesn't quite describe it http://www.uphellyaa.org/.

I've never managed to be there at the right time, apparently you need to be booking about 5 years ahead

Kinda puts our little renaissance festivals to shame, doesn't it?

Not liking the burning crosses.

Not liking the burning crosses.
You'll have to learn a little English history. All to do with religious martyrs. F**k all to do with the klan!

To mark the demise of the 17 martyrs, 17 burning crosses are carried through the town, and a wreath-laying ceremony occurs at the War Memorial in the centre of town.