Running Wild with Scott Jurek, Tony Kurpicka and Chris Macdougall

pbarker

Barefooters
Sep 19, 2010
Found this poster on Tony Kurpicka's blog

Running Wild: CEES Fundraiser/Benefit
On February 18th at 7:00pm Chris McDougall, Scott Jurek and myself will be speaking at the Wolf Law building (CU-Boulder's Law School) on the CU campus as a fundraiser for CEES.  Admission is $8 and raffle tickets are $2.  In addition to speaking, the previous night we will be hosting a fund-raising dinner at Boulder's hip new restaurant Oak at 14th on Pearl Street.  Co-owner of Oak Bryan Dayton is an accomplished trail ultra runner in his own right (former Trail 50K National Champion) and one of the state's most respected mixologists. Ten spaces at a cost of $250/plate will be available at this dinner.  Email [email protected] to reserve a spot at the dinner.

In addition to donating to a worthy cause, your $250 will net you a special three-course dinner (with vegan options), a schwag-bag worth at least $200 (including running shoes, watches and other gear) and the opportunity to pick our brains about whatever one may please.  After a couple of Bryan's drinks, I'm sure any answers will be much more candid than is typical!

Running+Wild+final+poster.jpg

http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.com

Reading Tony's blob, it looks like he is putting in consistent barefoot runs

Wish I could go
Pb

I'm glad he is running more

I'm glad he is running more barefoot. It's good for barefoot running. I know he got into minimalist running, which is also good for minimalist running.

Says there will be shoes to be given away. I wonder what kind. Minimalist, I hope.

I added this to the BRS Colorado Chapter and the Colorado Forum as well, PB, so thanks for sharing.

BTW, I have always loved this

BTW, I have always loved this picture. Two guys who apparently, absolutely love running, enjoying running together, once heel striking away and the other planting naturally. It says so much about where we were, where we've been, and now we're going back to where we were.

I suspect the shoe in the

I suspect the shoe in the grab bag will be the NB minimus (Tony's sponsor)
Sorry to report I would not wear any of the Brooks (Scott's sponsor) All their minimal offerings are ~ 2:1 drop.

My jaw = on the floor.I'm

My jaw = on the floor.

I'm totally going, and dragging my husband along with me whether he wants to go or not! If I had the cash and the guts I would go to the dinner but seriously, I wouldn't speak the entire time. Just...wow. Idols. WOW.

Stoked!!!!!

Mary are you going? 

Mary are you going? Inquiring minds want to know!

Yep, heading out

Yep, heading out today!!!

It's first come first serve for tickets, so we'll have to get there at like...5pm? For a 7pm start time. Wow. I'm ready to stand in line and play tetris on my phone. If it's anything like when McDougall did a book signing in Boulder the crowd will be MASSIVE. Last time he was in town 200+ peeps mobbed the bookstore!

It should be interesting...! I am ready to be star struck!

Cool.  Tell those guys what's

Cool. Tell those guys what's up from the BRS! :beer: