Running, diet, and weight loss!

nature runner

Barefooters
Jun 13, 2010
Hey all,

I have been on a silent mission this winter. Last year was disasterous for me on the exercise and running side and emotionally with losing my mother back in March of 2010. My breathing last year was giving me alot of trouble. I could not run over two miles without gasping for air like a fish out of water. My MT in my right foot was plaguing me to no end with pain of all sorts, my workplace was working me 80 plus hours a week( don't get me wrong I appreciate having a job in this economy) I wasn't getting alot of rest.

So far this year I got determined not to repeat last years cycle. I changed my eating pattern which consisted of half gallon of ice cream a day, gynormous junk food, fried and greasy foods, tons of pasta, etc which in counting calories was well over 6000 calories a day. I am now eating mainly fish, turkey, some red meat and some chicken, all of which is organic along with organic vegtables. My calorie intake now is well below 1500 a day, actually between 1300 and 1500.

I joined the YMCA Wellness center and started working out in the gym and running on treadmill there, and running on the gravel path down the road from my house. I use vff's kso at the gym, no barefooting allowed. I run barefoot on the gravel and trails. I am actually running 5k's ( not a race just my own personal 5k's) my breathing is doing amazingly well, I have went from 210 lbs when i started my change in diet and exercise to 175 lbs now :). I think losing alot of that weight has really helped me succeed in getting my breathing better and gaining distance on my mileage. I started out running at a 14:00 pace and I am now at a 10:15 pace. I am sooo happy of my accomplishments and this is the best I have felt in 10 years!

I know it's a drop in the bucket for alot of you veteran runners out there, but for me it's a very huge and gynormous success. I have been lurking on here and reading threads and on RR site along with other bfr sites. Once I get to my target goal of 165 lbs which was where I was at when I was running 6 to 8 miles a day 6 years ago. I will post before and after pics. For my height of 6'1" I am suppose to weigh 185lbs, but i want my runners build back lol.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings, Eric

Wow! What wonderful

Wow! What wonderful accomplishments. I can only imagine how much better you must feel. I've also been on a crusade to better my health and as a result, my life in general so your post was an absolute wonderful read for me! Please keep us updated on how you are doing and don't forget to post the pics once you reach your goal. I can't wait to see the change!

All the best,

Cali

Nice I love hearing these

Nice I love hearing these kind of stories. That is great progress and I can't wait for the photos.

And don't fool yourself your accomplishment is not a drop in the bucket. You have made it past one of the most difficult points in your journey to good health. Running longer and faster comes easier once you fix the things that you have fixed.

nature runner, huge congrats

nature runner, huge congrats on your success, keep up the good work and enjoy your new self.

I am very happy for you and stories like this make me happy too!

I am so proud of you, NR. 

I am so proud of you, NR. That is just awesome!

Thank you all so much, I do

Thank you all so much, I do feel 100% times better than when I was 35 lbs heavier! I really appreciate the encouragement. I don't just feel good physically but mentally as well, I have my self esteem back and I am motivated. My pics probably won't come for another month or maybe less, I have been averaging losing about 4 lbs a week. Right now it is leveling off so it may take a little longer for the 165 but maybe not, I am hardcore into it and I aint a stopping for nothing haha! Again thanks so much for the kind and encouraging words! :)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7