RIP, American Sniper

NotSoDoomedRunner

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
Reactions: happysongbird
I saw this earlier (Chris Kyle I mean) in a thing on FB. Apparently him and two others in the gun advocacy group were killed within the last month or so. Conspiracy theorist type stuff it looked like. I had never served with Chris but I have read and heard about him from my time served as an Infantry squad marksmen in the Army. Sad day today, we lost a hell of a war hero that most people probably will never realize how much he did for his fellow soldiers.

I wonder why Routh shot them. That's crazy. They were trying to help him, and he turns his gun on them! WTF?!

I see post trauma. Sad indeed.

Yeah it is sad on a lot of levels. Aside from the obvious, people with PTSD often don't get treatment due to the social stigma as well as the possibility of losing or not getting certian jobs. 99.9% of people with PTSD will have no violence and most will be where you would not know if they did not tell you. But this is the perception of PTSD and vets at large, setting the mental health problems even further back.

At least 3 of the SEALs that were in Ramadi, Iraq when I was attached the 101st in Ramadi are now dead. 2 in combat and I had met (that I remember 2), this was the second. A lot of that team went, including Kyle went on to kill Bin Laden. It is just really sad.

On the same day I found out a Marine I served with and know on a much more personal level has cancer. No matter how invincible we think we are, our time is all very, very short.

I'm privileged to work with a LOT of guys with PTSD. There is a high percentage who decide to use a substance or two to deal with their PTSD. Looking back over the years, some of my favorite clients had differing degrees of PTSD. I agree that for the most part people would never know.

This whole story is sad...

Doomed, you were stationed at Campbell?

I'm privileged to work with a LOT of guys with PTSD. There is a high percentage who decide to use a substance or two to deal with their PTSD. Looking back over the years, some of my favorite clients had differing degrees of PTSD. I agree that for the most part people would never know.

This whole story is sad...

Doomed, you were stationed at Campbell?

No, I was based out of Baghdad but attached with units for a couple weeks to a couple months. The majority of my time I was either attached to the 3/6 Marines on the Syrian border or the 101st Airborne in Ramadi.

No, I was based out of Baghdad but attached with units for a couple weeks to a couple months. The majority of my time I was either attached to the 3/6 Marines on the Syrian border or the 101st Airborne in Ramadi.

Gotcha. Hubby was at Campbell for eight years

My brother-in-law was stationed in Baghdad for much of his third tour too. (I think he had two tours in the first Gulf war too.) He's a naval commander with the Seabees. He set up shop in Saddam's office for a time while he was there. They were rebuilding bridges, building, mosques, etc. I'm proud of him. Proud of all of you. Thank you, guys! Can't say it enough.

I should also mention my hubby was a marine. Semper Fi.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts