Review - Xero Aqua Cloud Sandals

bfsailor

Barefooters
Feb 7, 2012
Erie, PA
So I won a pair of Xero shoes back in the March giveaway, and I'm finally getting around to writing my review.

First of all, let me say that I spend about 90% of my life barefoot, but when I do opt to wear shoes, I usually go with some Xeros. I love Xero sandals. I own several pair of their DIY sandals, a pair of Genesis, and a pair of Z-Trails.

For my "Giveaway" prize, I opted for the Aqua Cloud model.
As with other Xero shoes I've gotten, I ordered men's US size 11 and they fit great right out of the box. The lacing system has a good range of adjustment and is easy to adjust, and the laces are very soft and comfortable, including the silicone heel pad.
The Aqua Cloud is similar to the Genesis model, with a few important differences.
Compared to the Genesis, the Aqua Cloud has a slightly thicker sole with a "grippier" tread design. I've worn both while walking in the rain on various surfaces, and the Aqua Cloud has superior traction in wet conditions. The Aqua Cloud also has a short "heel cup", which seems to help hold it in place better, plus helps to keep small pebble from getting between your foot and the sandal.
The big difference with Aqua Cloud is the extra foam cushioning in the footbed - this really adds a level of comfort to these sandals.
In summary, I love the Xero Aqua Cloud sandals, for both everyday wear and as a perfect substitute for water shoes when needed. They are comfortable, lightweight, and offer great traction on wet surfaces. When barefoot isn't an option - I highly recommend these.
(As an aside, I even wore the Aqua Clouds to an outdoor weddding with a tan linen suit - I got compliments on the shoes!)
In the photos below, the Aqua Clouds are the ones with black laces. I included the Genesis model with yellow laces for comparison.PXL_20230615_152104578-30.jpg
Top view Aqua Cloud

PXL_20230615_152136207-30.jpg
Side view Aqua Cloud

PXL_20230615_153536045-30.jpg
Aqua Cloud (black) compared to Genesis (Yellow)

PXL_20230615_153105449-30.jpg
Genesis (Yellow) vs. Aqua Cloud (Black) on feet.

PXL_20230615_153352488-30.jpg
Heel view showing the heel cup on the Aqua Cloud (Black) vs. flat sole on Genesis (Yellow)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7