Representin' BRS in running documentary

5t3ph4n13

Barefooters
Jan 29, 2012
So, I posted about my first barefoot 10k here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/threads/sf-chinatown-y-chinese-new-year-10k-rr.5848/. I mentioned that some guys with cameras interviewed me for a running documentary.

I found it! I got the name wrong- it's actually called "A Long Run"- http://www.alongrun.com. They are still filming at road races this year but I found a video on their blog with part of our conversation. They cut out some information I gave about barefoot running... I don't know what they will put in the actual documentary.

Here's the video, you can see me running barefoot uphill warming up before they talk to me and then running in the race near the end of our conversation:

P.S. I've run a Half and a 14-miler since... so don't make fun of my form in the video, I'm still working on it and it's probably better now than they show here! ;)

Nice, Steph! You looked great. Makes me homesick. I could practically pick out many of those places you guys run past. Atlanta is hilly, but I bet it has nothing on SF.

I was born in LA, grew up in SD, and lived in the Bay Area for 4 plus years. I miss California Terribly. How long had you been running the hills before the half? Did you run the half?

Well we moved here in January, so I had been running the hills since then... But I have a tendency to "cheat" and find the flattest routes so I was underprepared for the Half, which was a very hilly and rocky trail race. I did 9 miles barefoot and ran most of it, hiking/walking up hills the rest running in Vibrams after my soles gave up. I do want to do trail races around here but I need far more training time on the trail surfaces and hills.

I'm sure you will be much stronger come this time next year.

Good job!

Nice job! Cool that they paid attention :)
and were open

Well, it's a bit of a messed up accent actually. I lived in Kentucky for four plus years and have been in Georgia since late 1991. And don't none of you go round addin' up my age either! :p

Really nice Stephanie, I moved up to Oregon from the Bay 13 yrs ago, lived in
Mountain View back then and loved it. But I've learned to love Portland too.

How awesome to get an interview on your first race :)

Well, it's a bit of a messed up accent actually. I lived in Kentucky for four plus years and have been in Georgia since late 1991. And don't none of you go round addin' up my age either! :p
Kentucky is beautiful, and your virtual image has been restored. Don't worry about age math. I subscribe to the 'don't ask, don't tell' philosophy on that too. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still 24, and I resent anyone who treats me differently.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7