Quite a contrast in my backyard in a few months!

Is is frozen through?  Can

Is is frozen through? Can you skate on it? Very nice.

Looks like a Michigan lake!

Looks like a Michigan lake! Is that a Purple Martin condo on the pole? What are those ice fishermen catching this time of year?

TJ I walked out to one of the

TJ I walked out to one of the shanties yesterday afternoon and the ice is a foot to a foot and a half thick. Every year at some point my wife and I are amazed at the people who drive their trucks out there for a day on the ice. We used to clear off the snow and play hockey when the kids were younger. I avoid activities that involve falling on hard surfaces as much as possible the older I get.

Board there is a little of everthing in the lake. I have caught Pike, Walleye, Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, Perch, and Dogfish although I rarely get out fishing anymore. Many of those shanties are spearing shanties. A neighbor recently took a 42" Pike through the ice. I would imagine you have much of the same in Cass.

Stay warm out there!

I stopped shoveling rinks

I stopped shoveling rinks years ago when the kids interest level made it no longer worth the effort.

I think this year I'll put off fishing 'til the end of February.......when school is out for a week and we'll drop our lines into the warm salty waters of the Gulf. Remember, I drive I-75 southbound every day to work, five weeks from now I'll just skip my usual exit once again and call TJ's ramp half-way there!