Pulled Trapezius

Well, that bites!  Get better

Well, that bites! Get better soon.

The trainer made me cancel my

The trainer made me cancel my session today. It hurts alot but I feel like it's just my neck and shoulder, it's OK to run? I hate stuff like this because my legs feel very fresh and ready to go.

I know exactly how you feel. 

I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I could run and run, but my MN and PF put a stop to that...or I should say the wrong kinds of shoes have put a stop to that.

At least a few weeks off,

At least a few weeks off, yes. I plan to really focus on treating the PF first before attempting to run again. I think that would be best for me. I know others have, including me previously, run through PF barefoot and had positive results, but I feel that since I have had such an extreme problem recovering from cyrosurgery for what should have been 2 - 6 weeks (instead took 3-1/2 months, and I'm still recovering in some ways), I am beyond what barefoot running could do to help me. Walking around on my heels to avoid putting pressure on the balls of my feet after cryo really screwed my heels up.

TJ, yeah, I feel like it's so

TJ, yeah, I feel like it's so frustrating to have these little things come and bite us in the butt. I feel like it always has to do with living in an unnatural way (desk job, wearing shoes, etc.). Do you feel like you got the Neuroma from years of shoes? I bruised my toe and sprained it and ran on it last week and avoiding running on it does do a number on the mechnics of the whole foot - I think it makes sense for you to take a break.

I will always hold shoes, and

I will always hold shoes, and my poor choices of shoes, accountable for having MN. All research shows that the number one reason people develop neuromas in their feet is because of the shoes they wear. Although I preferred to be barefoot whenever I could growing up, when I did wear shoes, I chose poorly, and some of that was my fault, and some of that was the running shoe manufacturers' fault. Shoes with heels and toes boxes that don't allow the toes to splay properly are what cause MN. The heel forces your weight over the ball of the foot, and the toe box compresses the metatarsals into the nerves causing them to become deformed.

So frustrating for you. I was

So frustrating for you. I was a kid who wanted to go barefoot all the time, too. My most unhealthy times in my life were when I wore shoes the most, but I was lucky that they did not deform. I remember vividly when I gave up dancing barefoot (modern dance) in high school, my feet shrank alot. I was just wearing shoes a lot more. Do you get your feet adjusted by a chiro at all?

No.  I don't know what they

No. I don't know what they could do for MN. I saw a PT for the PF and MN, but that was a complete waste of money.

I have had absolute crap

I have had absolute crap experiences with PT's, too. A good chiro can do ART (active release therapy) for PF, I am pretty sure - I have had ART or my athletic pubalgia/sports hernia and managed to avoid surgery that way. I have had a nerve thing in the side of my foot this year (from shoes). It was pretty debilitating and the chiro fixed it right away just with manual manipulation. If you have scar tissue from the surgery I wonder if some manipulation could help break it up? My experience with the chiro is that I get the most out of his postural adjustments - so if I develop an injury, if he gets my posture better aligned, the underlying reason for the injury disappears. Does that make sense?

It makes great sense, J.  I

It makes great sense, J. I will have to look into ART and seeing what a chiropractor can do for MN and PF. THANKS for caring!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3KaOdd87fA - here is a video on ART and plantar fascitis plus an explanation for how PF develops from the hip down. My susicion with the MN is that it's more hit and miss but if you find someone really skilled you coud get somewhere with hands on manipulation. I am so frustrated with you - I hate to see these intractable conditions.

I hope you mean "for you" and

I hope you mean "for you" and not "with you." Hee. You said you were frustrated "with" me. I'll check the video out now. Thanks!

I picked up a couple of

I picked up a couple of different stretches to try from that video. Thanks!

I meant I was frustrated in

I meant I was frustrated in solidarity with you, not with you! Should have typed "for you". It sucks to have such an intractable problem. I thought the video was interesting. I don't have PF but I always need to be reminded how the "hipbone's connected to the legbone, the legbone's connected to the shinbone".

Hey TJ, I am sorry you are

Hey TJ, I am sorry you are still dealing with that! SUCKS.

I love my chiro (I'm sure I have posted about him before in some other forum) and he is supportive of BF/minimalist running. He has adjusted my feet all along and can also get to the underlying issues as J said, like that my wonky hip is often out of alignment (darn those huge babies!) and can affect everything down to my foot. He also has a great neuromuscular therapist who is amazing. She finds those trigger points and goes nuts. OW but relief!

hope something works for you, i know how frustrating that is!

Chick, would you mind please

Chick, would you mind please adding his info to the Injuries, Medical Conditions forum's Barefoot-friendly podiatrists map...although he's not a podiatrist? Please just add a note that he's a chiropractor but not a podiatrist. You can get an idea of what to add by looking at the other entries, but it's the basic contact info and you locate a flag on the map for him. Or you can give it to me, and I can add it. Thanks.

Hey Jschwab I pulled my trap

Hey Jschwab I pulled my trap a couple of months ago and I used arnica gel a couple of times a day and I was back to heavy lifting in a couple of days. I know I keep beating this dead horse, but the stuff absolutely works wonders on muscle injuries.

Would Arnica Gel work for

Would Arnica Gel work for Plantar Fasciitis, Abide?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7