Proper skin maintenance

Same here....when she first discovered I was using the loofa for removing foot dirt she wasn't exactly happy, but she also realizes that I am only trainable at the simplest of tasks and then only in a limited quantity. So, she decided against engaging in the battle for the loofa and bought herself a separate one.

+1, my wife had the same discussion with me over the same thing. Now she has a frilly pink one and I wound up with the manly blue one. :cool:

IMHO, a lot of you folks are over-thinking this thing.

It's skin.

It's dirty.

Wash with the same damn soap you wash your body with.

Feet get clean. Feet stay tough.

'Nuff said.

This is probably my fault, but truly, since I was used to putting shea butter on my feet before I took up barefoot walking, I wanted to know if that was a good idea or not.

I don't tell my wife this either, but there are only four spots on my body (you can guess which they are) that get soaped. I haven't used shampoo in months, and my hair looks great. And my scalp stopped itching. Just sayin'.

I mean, I shower at least once a day. I'm clean. Just not soaped. And I shower in just warmer than well-water cold water. But my skin is dry and these things help.

I do use a cloth on my feet. to help get the dirt off.

I don't tell my wife this, but sometimes I don't wash my feet before bed either! :D I never use cream or anything either for my feet.

I haven't used shampoo in months, and my hair looks great. And my scalp stopped itching.

With you 100% on this. I stopped using shampoo and now I never suffer from dandruff and my hair is never too dry or too greasy. I stopped using shower gel/soap a year ago and just shower twice a day with warm/hot water. My skin is never dry and no one has ever told me I smell (and my wife would if I did!). I only use toothpaste to get the horrible taste of morning breath out of my mouth, otherwise I'd ditch that too! Water and abrasion/agitation is all you need to get yourself clean! =D

I use a bar-soap shampoo. It sells for $1.49, and I shower every other day.

You guys are starting to scare me. :eek:

Why y'all acting like using a loofah is weird? I've been using a loofah and liquid body wash since 2001 or something. I can't STAND bar soap. Be confident in your manliness! Loofahs ain't just for girls, especially the dark red or blue colored ones :D Although plain white will let you know better when it's time to replace it, i.e. starts turning a gross off-color yellowish white.

Why y'all acting like using a loofah is weird? I've been using a loofah and liquid body wash since 2001 or something. I can't STAND bar soap. Be confident in your manliness! Loofahs ain't just for girls, especially the dark red or blue colored ones :D Although plain white will let you know better when it's time to replace it, i.e. starts turning a gross off-color yellowish white.

I use a loofah, I like to slough off dead skin myself!

I've use a loofah and liquid soap for the last few years and I notice my skin seems much worse. I also use shampoo AND conditioner and I now get dandruff... Maybe you all that don't use these things, or don't use them everyday are right.

Hippies...

So tried showering without soap or shampoo and just using water yesterday (except I did use soap on the undercarriage). Not sure how I feel about that. My hair feels extremely thick and greasy already.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon