Pain in the bottom of my heel

rosiehobbit

Barefooters
Nov 8, 2015
Okahoma City, OK
Hi Doctors,

I'm on a mission trip in a foreign country, wearing my barefoot sandals for everything, as I always do. I've developed some pain in the bottom of my heels. I'm fairly certain it's from the sheer volume of walking I'm doing (frequently on uneven cobblestones), and standing for 2-hour concerts. I'm definitely more back on my heels when I walk, though I'm trying hard not to. My feet are also very swollen. I spent about 45 minutes lying on the floor of the bus with my feet in the seat last night, and my feet are a little better, but still swollen. What can I do to take care of my feet better while I'm here? I've got another 5 days, with 2 more concerts, lots more walking and the plane ride home. I'm trying to be careful of how I walk, and elevating my feet when I can for the swelling. Other things I can try???

Thank you!

The heels are really just the point of impact. My best guess is that your pelvis and legs are tight and stiff. A good massage may help, and perhaps you may want to consider getting another set of sandals, maybe yours are worn out.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
The heels are really just the point of impact. My best guess is that your pelvis and legs are tight and stiff. A good massage may help, and perhaps you may want to consider getting another set of sandals, maybe yours are worn out.

I could see this being a possibility. I can try to yoga more each day. Not sure I can switch sandals. The other pair I brought with me are tight and my feet are still quite swollen, but I will try. Thank you!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7