Old blood blisters

metalbarefooter

Barefooters
Aug 17, 2011
Sweden
I go ahead and post this here as well as in the Doc-forum for all you hobby-Docs!

Hello there, Mikael, new member from Sweden here!

Got a question about some old blood blisters that i managed to create a week ago.

Been running barefoot for about 6 months and these are the first bloody ones i've got after a 6km run last wednesday. First i thought it was due to the cold (around 0 Celsius that day) but i then figured it had to be from a few extra speedy laps on a local track with slappy form and to much pushing off. Didn't notice them until afterwards...silly.

I left them untouched and rested for 3-4 days, when nothing seemed to disappear i decided to drain them a few days later and got some blood out that hadn't been "coagulated(??)"

Not all though, as you can see:)

Actually, I don't have any big problems with them now a week later but i'm curious how long it can take for the body to make them "go away" ? Since then, I have now run a few times both with and without shoes for a few kilometers and it felt good.

Any ideas? Thank you!

The Ask the Docs forum Docs

The Ask the Docs forum Docs are all real doctors. Sometimes we hobby docs will answer too though, so take our suggestions with a grain of salt, but take the real docs advice more seriously.

I have gotten small ones from

I have gotten small ones from stepping on rocks. It seems to take a long time for them to rise to the surface and eventually just wear off. I think it took at least a month, maybe two.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts