Official BRS Logo Contest

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Barefoot TJ, Mar 22, 2012.

?

Please choose your ultimate, favorite "new" BRS logo!!!!

Poll closed Mar 30, 2012.
  1. 1.

4.2%
  2. 2.

2.8%
  3. 3.

1.4%
  4. 4.

1.4%
  5. 5.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6.

9.9%
  7. 7.

64.8%
  8. 8.

4.2%
  9. 9.

8.5%
  10. 10.

2.8%
  1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

I see Ram's point of view, that as a club, this decision could be made as a collaboration. I also see where this was intended to start out as a competition. (We need a poll just to find out if we should collaborate or hold a contest. ;)) Still thinking on this...and learning lessons as I go. Sorry. In the meantime, let's keep the discussion to questions and not comments. Let's let the submitters make comments on only their designs. Deal?

2. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Since we are talking about other color options, the creator of #7 wanted to share other possible colors, meaning he's not married to the red and black either, but does note that familiarity is commonly used when changing "looks," and colors fit within that familiarity.

And he wanted to add: While not an exact replica of the previous BRS footprint, this one is similar. It is, however, a right foot, rather than the previous left print, suggesting a step forward in the development of the BRS. It still provides some familiarity with BRS roots but is different enough to suggest some new and exciting things happening.

The first colors, green and brown, have an "eco" look to them and the orange and blue fit the current site's color scheme.

BRS Logo Eco Friendly.jpg BRS Logo Blue & Orange.jpg

Barefoot Everett likes this.
  3. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Barefooters
    1. Georgia

or No Deal?

:oops:

4. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Doesn't playing the game mean all of that should have been in a question? Doesn't everyone like a little familiarity?

5. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Barefooters
    1. Georgia

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. DavidP

DavidP Barefooters
    1. North Carolina

I never cared for the old logo, it seemed like something out of the 1950's.

If #7 wins I want a sticker on my car and a technical shirt!

~David

7. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Although I appreciate your comments, A, sometimes, I seriously don't understand them. o_O

David, the old vintage look was intentional, but now we are moving on, aren't we? :)

8. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Barefooters
    1. Georgia

You'd ask that we keep this thread to questions rather than nit-picky commentary on the colors. Then posted a comment with more colors to for us to tackle.

I know [hangs head in shame] I can be a real smart aleck, especially when I am tired. On that note, this whole 30 weeks until the baby's born thing has me all anxious and unable to sleep. Normally I'm in bed between 9 and 10:30 pm and awake starting somewhere between 5 and 7 am... This morning I finally passed out at 4.

I think this calls for more running. :)

P.S. TJ, about that pm I sent you... I guess not posting in this thread didn't last long.

9. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

As I already said previously, we can tackle the color choice later. AND I was asked to post that here on behalf of the person who created it. I haven't commented personally on any of the designs. So, again, not sure what you are meaning.

Yes, please get some sleep, as you will need it for when the time comes. :barefoot:

10. peacekaren

peacekaren Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. North Carolina

FWIW, I notice that choices 5-8 all have multiple images that are variations on the same theme. I like that. Following that idea it seems that 1-4 should be grouped as a single choice as should 9-10.

11. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

I thought of that when I put this together (a lot), but with those that are grouped, the design does not change, only the colors. For example, the first four have slight changes to the circle, the first being a straight split, then ying yang (yin-yang) with a flipped foot, then a ying-yang (yin-yang) without a flipped foot, then a wavy split. With those that are grouped, their design is identical, except for the coloring. Hope that helps explain it.

12. Queenie

Queenie Chapter Presidents
    1. Florida - Miami
    2. Presidents

Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love
    Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
    Yellow is the color of sunshine. It's associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
    Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is also commonly associated with money.

Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.

White is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. It is considered to be the color of perfection.

Black is associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery.

jldeleon likes this.
  13. Phil Hart

Phil Hart Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. North Carolina

My favorite us 7, but I really like 6 as well. Thanks everyone for putting these together for us!

14. Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Hart Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...
    2. Texas - Dallas
    3. International

Take 7 and make it black and orange and you have a home run. it gives a little nod to the old school brs and the new colors take us away from it. would be good.

jldeleon likes this.
  15. curraheeeasyc

curraheeeasyc Barefooters
    1. Florida -...
    2. Presidents
    3. Florida -...

I really like the earth tones version of #7...for what it's worth.

jldeleon and Trav1sty like this.
  16. Trav1sty

Trav1sty Barefooters
    1. Washington

Yes pls. I'd like a sticker and shirt too!

Skyalmian likes this.
  17. Hhuang18

Hhuang18 Barefooters
    1. Georgia

They look great!!! Love them!!!! Good Jobs Folks!!! :D

barefoot ramzev likes this.
  18. Phil Hart

Phil Hart Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. North Carolina

I like the earth tones #7 also. I know how deeply you all care about my opinion, so I felt it only fair to share it with you. Thanks!

19. dutchie53

dutchie53 Barefooters
    1. Canada

+1, like the earthy tones as well

20. Barefoot Everett

Barefoot Everett Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

+1 Earth tones