Octoberfest Spring Lake Michigan Marathon

sole_foot

Ran this race Saturday with my daughter and wife. It was my daughters first attempt at a marathon and my first since 2009. She had foot issue at around 4 miles which caused her to change how she was running which caused knee and hip issues at around 19. She gutted out the last 7 in at times a fair amount of discomfort. I am very proud of the way she persevered!!! Beautiful day 50's at the start and high 60's at the finish. Beautiful well thought out course that I will definetly run again. Have not seen the final results yet but I think she finished right around 4:45. The event was sponsored, started, and finished at a Michigan Craft Beer Tavern "Old Boys Brew House". They had a lunch for the runners outside by the river which leads to Lake Michigan after the race. What a way to top off a good run sitting in the sun with your family having a cold IPA.

My daughter ran in KSO's, my wife in NB minimus roads, and I was in Vivo Barefoot Neo's. I saw 2 other FF's and my wife said she saw one BF runner. There was another Buzzie from BRS sighting though. Liz ran the half and was walking to her car when she heard them call off our names at the finish and came back to say hello. Nice to see you again Liz. Next race on the schedule is the Detroit Marathon in 4 weeks. Looking for another Marathon or 50K for November, and the Tuscon Marathon in December to top off the year.

I have BFR and BRS to thank for helping me completely change my running form allowing me to rehabilitae my runners knee. I now feel confident that I can get back into distance running and ultra's. It has taken 19 months to get to this point from barely being able to go a mile without a fair amount of pain. I was not sure I was ever going to be able to do this again without involving some sort of surgery.

Your story is quite

Your story is quite inspiring. Glad you are doing so well. Congrats to you, yours, and Buzzie too! That's funny she heard your name!

Very cool Sole! Congrats to

Very cool Sole! Congrats to you and your family. Having two other runners to hang with is pretty awesome.

So how did the neo's do, any hot spots or issues? I am planning on using them partially for a 24hr race.

Woot!

Woot!

Thanks everyone!Abide, No

Thanks everyone!

Abide, No issues with the NEO's at all. I only had 50 miles on them prior to the race and was a bit concerned but it was a road race and I was unsure of the course. I think these will hold up better than the Ultra's but are already showing wear on the soles. Not sure about the durability of the VIVO line.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon