Not really new, but...

Cali Girl

Barefooters
May 12, 2010
Hi all,

I have been MIA since sometime this past summer. After my move I got very discouraged by the hills surrounding my new home. I couldn't run nearly as far without feeling completely fatigued and out of breath which caused me to drastically cut back my milage. Then I sort of just got to where I didn't go. I was still walking, barefoot until it got cold and then in VFF's, several times a week and have been going to yoga classes as well, but I pretty much just stopped running.

I finally decided I miss running, at least my very slow version of it, and that I am not going to let the hills around here beat me. So, as a result, I have started the couch to 5k program all over again. I also just signed my daughter and I up for a 5k mud run at the end of March to keep me motivated. I'm a tightwad so spending the money on it means I will go. lol

I am on week one, day two. I found a new podcast that isn't all techno music which makes me very happy. I hated the techno stuff when I did the program last year. For now I'm running in VFF's since I don't do well with any type of cold, but am looking very forward to warmer weather so I can comfortably run barefoot. (even though it isn't really all that cold here in So Cal compared to the rest of the US)

I hope everyone has been well and I look forward to catching up.

Cali

I wondered what happened to

I wondered what happened to you, Cali! Missed you.

Glad you're getting back into it and getting a program together, getting your daughter involved, and registering for some races as you are doing, since that should help big time. I think you will do just fine. Glad you're back!

I live in a very hilly

I live in a very hilly neighborhood and at first they intimidated the heck out of me, but one I got used to them I actually enjoyed the challenge. (now this is all shod experience as I new to BFR just to be 100% candid) But what I found out that is awesome is that when I race (and I am pretty much a penguin) I pass a ton of people on hills because they don't bother me since i am used to training on them and it seems most people avoid them. Good luck with your 5k!

Liz

Nice to have you back. The

Nice to have you back. The couch to 5k will be a nice way to tackle this new challenge.

I hope you and your daughter will have fun in the mud run.

Thank you all! @TJ -- It's

Thank you all!

@TJ -- It's nice to be back. I missed you all too!

Cali - we moved to NM a year

Cali - we moved to NM a year ago (today!) from San Diego, or NO elevation to almost 6000 ft, so I feel you. Just think of those darn hills like extra conditioning that you are lucky to be able to take advantage of. Doesn't it feel great to get started again!?

@Sara-- Congrats on the

@Sara-- Congrats on the move... I think. lol Yes, it feels great. I finsihed week one and really wanted to run more. I am so happy to be out there again. I think I just need to keep in mind that if fast or long distance never works for me that is okay because running in general makes me feel good!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon