Newby and Glad to Be Here!

There is so much info here and I'm thankful for it all! Started barefooting in December 2011 in a desperate attempt to strengthen my chronically sore feet. Slow going for sure, but yesterday I ran 4 miles, half of it on gravel! Ouch! Okay, so the last mile was more unrunning than running . . . . But the nice propane delivery man did offer me a ride when he drove by and noticed my bare feet. He laughed when I said I was fine! Looking forward to learning more from the experiences of others. I'm in Harrison Arkansas and I have never met a barefoot adult in public!

Hi Joy,I like your term

Hi Joy,

I like your term "unrunning". I'll have to use that one. Four miles is a pretty fast start. There are a few tricks to making gravel more tolerable, but I am still struggling on it after almost 1 year barefoot. It's especially hard to do right now because the ground is frozen. Good luck on your search for a barefoot adult. If you enter a few races, you might see one. Two races that I did last year had other barefoot runners.

Rick

Welcome, Joy!  Be sure to

Welcome, Joy! Be sure to join the Arkansas Chapter through the Chapters tab above. They're not a very active chapter thus far, but we hope that will change soon!

Joy:Never?  In Arkansas?! 

Joy:

Never? In Arkansas?! You must not live near the Ozarks. Well, you can count yourself as the somewhat surprising first. I'm a hillbilly from East Tennessee, and I've seen plenty of BF folks all of my life. Welcome to the family.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7