JAYDEEMUSGRAVE

Barefooters
Jan 5, 2014
Hi All, I am new to this Forum. Having spent 3 years battling compartment syndrome (had the op) and flippin horrible shin splints I think the time has come to run the way nature intended and go barefoot. However, we are currnetly battling the worst weather ever seen in the South East of England, and a cold (with asthmas overtones), I am er um taking it slow, so to speak. Getting excited to start tho, and also got a job offer today so feeling good.

Welcome! Good luck with the shins, I hope going barefoot works for them.

There seem to be lots of people from England joining up at the moment, or maybe I'm just noticing because I'm a cricket fan? :D

Welcome, JD. Take the transition slow and steady, and you should find this a great way to run. I'm one of the poster boys for "too much too soon, stress fracture, 10 weeks on my butt, start over the right way this time." I can't in good conscience recommend following my initial process, as you might well imagine. A very gradual, gentle transition will prepare you for long-term BF running success. And congratulations on the job offer - I hope it's a good fit with what you're looking for. Welcome to the crew.

Reactions: Sly and dharmadan
Welcome!

Welcome, welcome!

Crappy weather is an excellent excuse reason to go carefully. Soon enough you'll be champing at the bit to tackle the gritted roads and go chasing rabbits up mucky paths you've seen hinted at on Ordinance Survey Maps.

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7