Barefoot_Beast

Barefooters
Oct 10, 2010
Hey Everybody!

My name is Mel, and I'm a youth pastor and commercial diver in the North San Francisco bay area.

I fell in love with barefoot running when I bought a set of fivefingers to rehab some long-lasting military injuries. I'm a big guy, that has always been told I was not "made to run". I loved running until knee injuries and a broken back took me out of it. Turns out, I was running incorrectly anyways:)

I recently finished Mr. McDougall's book, and have found it to be an inspiration. I'm currently doing 90% of my running in fivefingers, but I enjoy barefooting in places without too many hazards.

Training has been challenging (currently resting from pushing it too hard), but it is rewarding at the same time. I'm currently at about 6 miles a week, but that will change once my body catches up to my aspirations.

My current goals are to hit my target weight (220, I'm at 250) by next April, and then signing up for a few trail races next year.

I look forward from learning from you all, and hitting the trails with some of you once my abilities improve.

-Beast

Welcome, Beast!  Now we have

Welcome, Beast! Now we have two sasquatches.

Welcome, Beast.  I have 3

Welcome, Beast. I have 3 Christian youth at home (and church) and am a recreational diver, also still recovering from some hard miles the Army put on me, although I've been a civilian for 14 years now. I too am running most of my miles in VFFs as I slowly build up my soles to longer runs barefoot. I'm trying to run or walk a short distance (0.5 to 1.5 miles) a day barefoot to encourage sole development.

Glad to have you here. I hope you find this crew as helpful as I have in chasing down good technique, problem solving, and encouragement.

Phil

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7