new , very, very new

nopantsboy

Barefooters
Mar 22, 2011
Hi . I started running in february 23 my first mile was a shameful 24min. For the next two weeks I tried harder each time and got it down to about 16min. (mind you i was about 260lbs then) I was running on drivers which are flat shoes but not exactly running shoes , so while looking around for running shoes I came across an article on Fivefingers and I decided to give it them a try, bought a pair took them home tried them for a mile, shaved a minute off , no pain on my knees anymore, kept wearing them on my morning runs after work and every week seemed to get better, last week I ran a mile in less than 9min , I've lost about 20lbs more and I'm doing my first 5k this weekend , I want to do the 10k night run in vegas this december, I want to do a half a marathon by next spring.

I never liked running before.

NPB:Welcome to the site. 

NPB:

Welcome to the site. Congratulations on your willpower and self discipline to start a healthy lifestyle that includes fitness training, and congratulations on your weight loss. It will keep coming off until you reach a healthy level if you stick with your resolve.

This is a great place to get advice and shared experience from those who have gone before you down this new trail as well as those of us who are still picking our way through. Ask lots of questions, and you'll get lots of great answers from many different perspectives.

It's a marvelous thing to enjoy running, isn't it? Run, Forrest, Run!

Phil

Congratulations!!  Barefoot

Congratulations!! Barefoot (or VFF in your case) make running fun - and also, as you found, take the stress and pain out of your knees and joints. Shaving off 15 minutes in a month is amazing man, good luck to you -and keep it up! Your time may continue to go down a little, but your distance, heart, lungs, and weight Will continue to improve!

Wow! you're really making

Wow! you're really making great progress in such a short time. Congrats and welcome nopants!

Do you really run with no pants? jk.

NPB- Congrats man!!!! Just

NPB- Congrats man!!!! Just stick with it and remember no matter the distance, just keep your back straight, head up, eyes foward, and a big smile on your face! BF and VFF running is the best feeling in the world. Good luck at your 5k, you'll be nervous but just rememeber those steps and you'll be fine!

This is incredible progress! 

This is incredible progress! How exciting for you. Congrats and welcome!

thanks !!! thanks you all for

thanks !!! thanks you all for your kind words , I been looking around this site and is cool how much info is available here.

yes I am very nervous about saturday specially since it will be my first but I really can't wait!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!I GOT

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I GOT A MEDAL!!!!!

2nd place in my age group!!!

75th overall !! (out of 900)

my blog . thinking of changing the name to - From 5000 calories a day to a 5k run in 5 weeks - ;) haha jk but also in early february if yo told me i would be doing a 5k i woulda laugh

http://nopantsboyxris.blogspot.com/

Awesome job man!!!Taken from

Awesome job man!!!

Taken from your blog: "kept my head straight , put the biggest smile on my face for the finish line photogs "

Told ya, keep your form in check and the rest is easy!

Congratulations!  That's

Congratulations! That's wonderful! I took second place in my age group once...but that's only because there were three of us in my age group. True story. It's still the only medal I have ever received for placing.

THANKS GUYS!!!other than the

THANKS GUYS!!!

other than the regular - oi- my-legs-hurt-from-running, i have no pain on my knees nor on my feet i got no heel pain either so i think i got my form right.

people kept asking me about my VFFs , somebody asked me to touch them, it was weird but I was a good "spokesman" for the barefoot/minimalist cause, I told them to come to this site for more info but that in my opinion is not easy , that you do have to run a little different and that it takes some getting used to but that i was having a good time doing it.

I've seen some of you guys barefoot pictures and I know I am not ready for it yet but maybe one day I will give up my toeshoes maybe, just maybe . on the mean time I'm gonna keep at it , I got me a bike to alternate work outs. I have lots more weight to loose but i know i can do it

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7