New record tonight! Ran 4 miles in mid 30deg weather!

Jonny00GT

Chapter Presidents
May 19, 2011
I did the RunOn Wed night social run to check out all the Christmas lights in the area. Several of my club friends ran from a mile away to the store and then we went with the RunOn group for a 3.3miler. At the start, my soles felt almost like I was wearning a shoft rubber shoe cause I couldn't hardly feel them, but I paid close attention to my form and by the time we hit RunOn, I warmed up and everything felt good. I sweat like crazy in the store and my feet felt great 10min later when we started to run with them. Zero damage! Honestly didn't think I could go that cold, but I'm actually looking forward to the 5K in January now!

I don't hate the cold anymore...woohoo! ;o) (Yes...that is about as cold as it gets here...for the most part.)

-Jonny

It was 27 here this morning.

It was 27 here this morning. I wish I could have gone running.... Ill have the opportunity tomorrow, so Ill probablly go then. Hopefully it will be in the 20's again!

Awesome Jonny! I wish I could

Awesome Jonny! I wish I could be outhere running on those kind of temps.

Chaser, according to you sissy friend Talon, it never gets that cold in Texas he's being crying a lot lately because he ran on a 32 deg day and couldn't stand it.

LOL!!!!! Well, hell froze

LOL!!!!! Well, hell froze over last year cause it snowed here....

That's awsome Jonny!  I've

That's awsome Jonny! I've learned to not mind the cold as long as I can get warmed up first. It's 28 deg F right now and I'm debating whether or not to go on a run myself. I haven't run since the race on Sunday because of working on final projects and finals, so really craving a nice run to help burn off all this tension and stress. I think I just talked myself into going. Congrats on the cold run Jonny!