New Norwegian barefoot runner

svirre

Barefooters
Aug 26, 2010
Hi you all barefooters!

I live in Norway and found out about this forum through runners world.

Great to get an Invite and be part of the "gang" :)

Are there anyone else in here from Norway?

Just started out running barefoot myself, mostly done with the breaking in (ran 4.5Kilometer times 2 yesterday in VFF)

No pain in feet, I can feel it in my calves though, and it is wonderful.

Because of the climate here, I have to do quite a bit of my workouts in VFF.

Whenever else I can, I go barefeet though :D

My running is mostly to and from work. I deliver my son in the kindergarden just next to my office, so I am running with a Croozer KID 1 stroller. Its 4.5 kilometer to the office, so I will be doing that 4 out of 5 days per week in a couple of weeks (both to and from work). Now in the beginning, I alternate running and cycling to give my calfs some time to recover :)

So, happy to be part of your society, if I can do anything to help, please let me know

Welcome!While I'm not

Welcome!

While I'm not Norwegian, I live in northern Sweden, it's good to have another friend on the "correct" side of the Atlantic. I know of one Norwegian user here, Nyal, but he'll have to introduce himself. There are also a bunch of Swedes but I seem to be the only one to actually post at all.

I used to live in Mora, which

I used to live in Mora, which is in Minnesota. It's a sister city to Mora, Sweden. That's as close as I get to Norway.

It's cool to have so many international runners on the forum. Glad to see that barefooting is a worldwide phenomenon.

Hehe, today was cycling day

Hehe, today was cycling day for me.
My calves was very very soar this morning :)
Now it's Friday night and I am chilling on the couch with a beer and a film.

Already looking forward to my run Monday morning, hopefully I can do part of it barefooted.
VFF are great here, but ideally I want to spend as much time as possible with nothing on my feet
Just realized that autumn is coming quickly here and I really need to put in the effort in bare footing.

Oh, and I had my first full day barefoot today in the office.
The comments were wonderful, non-understanding and funny. Love it!

Guess what desktop background I have now ;)

Abide: Exactly. I've always

Abide: Exactly. I've always thought the British Empire had some pretty interesting ideas about how to remove "undesirable elements" from society. Ship the convicts to one side of the world, Australia, and the religious nuts to the other, North America. :p

Svirre, I'm glad you made

Svirre, I'm glad you made it. Welcome.

Let's see. Barefoot running, a world wide phenomenon - I see Jason writing his next article on this subject. ;-)

Global Barefooters, one step

Global Barefooters, one step closer to world peace. If we can agree on religion and politics, we can all at least agree that being barefoot is good stuff. Barefoot for World Peace ;)

Welcome Svirre, I guess I'm also on the incorrect side of the Atlantic:p I'm with saypay in Minnesota.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7