New in Michigan

LeeJo

Barefooters
Aug 27, 2011
Hello All,

I am a barefoot/minimalist runner. I started in Vibram Bikilas last February when I couldn't run over 3 miles without pain, and now run up to 8 in bare of my Bikilas, mostly on trails.

I am turning 38 tomorrow, and have been married 16 years. I have 4 kids, and work very part time raising awareness for the need for foster/adoptive parents.

I plan to run the Naked Foot 5k barefoot in Grand Rapids tomorrow! Nice to meet you all!

Reactions: happysongbird
Sounds like a very busy life,

Sounds like a very busy life, LeeJo. Welcome and happy birthday!

welcome LeeJo!  many of our

welcome LeeJo! many of our members will be at the race this morning and we hope to meet you there! The plan is to gather near the registration area. We actually have a fairly large group gathering for this race, so it should be good times!

Smelph, I think I saw you.

Smelph, I think I saw you. In fact I know I did. Hard to miss the guy with the double stroller!

I missed the post about the meet up, I am sorry I missed hooking up with you guys. Most of the people I know think I'm nuts for running barefoot, but I could just never run without pain in running shoes, now running is a blessing instead of a curse.

Messy soles = Happy soul!

How many Michigan BRS members

How many Michigan BRS members do we have now? Are they all officialy in the Michigan chapter?

Haha yeah I was pretty hard

Haha yeah I was pretty hard to miss with that thing! The bummer was johnny's (7ships) wife offered to watch the kids (their kids were there too) but my daughter just didn't want to do it!

We must have finished close to each other too! I'm told (since I wasn't watching the clock) I finished about 30: and some change.

Longboard, I think we are at 134 members of the group. As far as "official" numbers I have no idea. I am working on getting better about making sure we all do the membership/waiver forms, but it totally slipped my mind to bring any (was up super early and was wrangling children). I think Eric has forms for 8 of us, and I've met up with probably 2-3 others that I should have gotten forms from (but haven't for one reason or another), but I don't know if anyone else is hanging onto any from prior to June.

That said, I'm planning on bringing a bunch with me to the September 10 meet up, so hopefully I can get anyone I've missed and anyone comic for the first time.

The forms are really mostly

The forms are really mostly just for you all, the chapters, not the BRS parent. They are good in that they help you gather the info you need to build a database of members' info and get member locations. My shod running club requires us to fill out a new application at the beginning of each year. It's basically the same form that's used out there with every legitimate running club. You can also collect electronic signatures via email, if it's easier to collect them that way. I don't want you CPs to feel chained to them, but just know that they are a very good and useful tool for many reasons.

134 Michigan members? Are we

134 Michigan members? Are we up there in the top three states as far as BRS membership?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7