New barefoot runner from London

HairyBeast

Barefooters
Jul 19, 2011
Hi all,

My name is Jordan, I'm 19 and I started barefoot running about 3 weeks ago and I'm having the time of my life. I have only worn shoes about 5 times since then and go barefoot when any opportunity arises.

I tried to start running about 3 years ago, went to runners need, got on the treadmill and was duly recommended a shoe. Whenever I tried to run I got terrible ache on the bottom of my soles after about 10 minutes and had to get off of my feet. The frustration with this put me off running up until I read Born to Run, the chapter about Nike and its shoes really got me interested in barefoot running, I bought Ken Bob's book and the rest is history! I'm up to about a 2 mile run at the moment, and still keeping it slow. Everyone in my home town things I'm mad, my family included, but I love the sense of freedom and that I actually enjoy running! Theres something I never thought I would say...

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and look forward to talking with everyone.

Thanks for reading,

Jordan

Welcome, Jordan!  Glad you're

Welcome, Jordan! Glad you're enjoying running now.

Hi Jordan,You are lucky that

Hi Jordan,

You are lucky that all this information is available to you at the beginning of your running career rather than well past halfway like with mine.

I am extremely angry with all these running shoe companies that promoted the 'science' behind their shoes when in reality it was just marketing department spin. Conned for 20+ years what a sucker.

I wonder how much money I paid out over the years for shoes, orthotics and injury treatments, probably over 10k easily.

Neil

Hi Jordan,I am Karel from

Hi Jordan,

I am Karel from Slovakia and I am moving to London next month. So I hope to meet you there :) I am looking forward to running barefoot in London.

Karel

Welcome, Flippo!  Be sure to

Welcome, Flippo! Be sure to join the UK Chapter (Chapters tab/link at top).

Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Karel, whereabouts are you moving to? Wherever you are i'm sure you'll love it here.

Does anyone know of any barefoot running clubs in London?

@ Jordanwe are still looking

@ Jordan

we are still looking for a jobs, wher will be job there will be our place :) hope so it will be ok.

@ everyone

same question like Jordans. Is any club BF in London?

Flippo

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7