New 5k PR - RR, sorta

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
This evening I ran a local 5K, it was a perfect evening, low 70's and partly cloudy. I've run 50+ races in the last few years but I was a bit nervous about this one because my emploiyer was the primary sponsor so lots of collegues were there. Normally I can just kinda blend in and do my thing, but not tonight.

When you know most of the other runners/walkers it's hard to get a good warmup everyone has to know why you run barefoot, I must have shown 50 people the bottom of my feet, "No, I don't have jacked-up calused feet!"

The start was unorganized, an English guy with a microphone said, "Are you ready? 3-2-1..." that was about it. no "go!" no gun. no nothing. I took off and was going good about 5th place...wait...insert goal here...I was hoping for under 22 minutes, my PR was 22:08...I overtook a couple runners in the first mile and stayed in third until about 2.5 miles when a 14 year old came out of no where and passed me (I think he came out of the store I just passed) I finished 4th overall and I was first of the people I work with (probably 75% of the 130+ runners/walkers). I won my age group and finished in...wait for it...21:47! finally a sub 7 minute pace and a PR by 21 seconds!

To top it off my whole family was there to cheer me on.

I'll get a pic amybe, I'll see what my wife got.

I apologize if that made no

I apologize if that made no sense, my 13 year old daughter was chopming at the bit to get some screen time. I rushed through it.

It was a PR or it wasn't?

Longboard wrote:It was a PR

Longboard said:

It was. My previous best was 22:08, this evening was 21:47. I broke 22 minutes and 7 minute pace the same night. Next up, a 10 mile race on Saturday.

You show 'em, Ram!  Nice

You show 'em, Ram! Nice speed!

O.K., now it makes sense. You

O.K., now it makes sense. You had written that your prior PR had been 21:08!

Caulk gets that many runners & walkers out? Not bad!

Congrats on the PR!!

Thanks everyone! This was

Thanks everyone! This was the first time this group had put on a race so there was some hiccups (remember my "knowing the route is cheating" post? The main problem I had was no water at the finish. Luckly my wife was there with a cup of ice or I'd of had nothing. But overall a good time.

This was just a warm-up for tomorrows 10 mile race in Dewey Beach and next weeks Philly 1/2. Hopefully the PR's keep coming!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway