Need people for an article interview for the BRS

barefoot kean

Barefooters
Jun 3, 2010
Anchorage
I am Currently writing an article for the BRS and i need people to interview. As of right now I need people who had chronic running injuries (ex. plantar fasciitis, knee problems, injuries along those lines...). The article is about "common misconceptions about running barefoot and our "need" for shoes". I appreciate any volunteers and you will be doing a great service to the BRS.

Thanks, Barefoot Kean.

I have a long history of

I have a long history of chronic knee and lower leg issues like shin splints, calf problems and once was thought to have a stress fracture. Went through all the normal routines, corrective shoes, support shoes, padded shoes, three different orthotics.
they are non-existent since starting BF running. for the first time in 8 years I have hit my long run PR and did so in minimalist shoes pain free.

Ha, Abide, funny!I have

Ha, Abide, funny!

I have Morton's Neuroma (MN). As of now, I can only guess I can run 1 - 3 miles in traditional boat anchors (because I will never put boat anchors on my feet again, since they, and other footwear, are what gave me MN, and the last time I tried to run in boat anchors a couple of years ago, that is about how far I got on occasion, depending on what I had been doing for the day...on my feet or not). My longest BF run (sadly and thankfully all at the same time) was 17 miles before I had to stop running for the day. I can run farther BF because having my metatarsals and toes free to splay and spread apart helps keep the nerve from being compressed. Wearing any shoe with a toe box confines the nerves and compresses them.

If you can use my story to help with your article, I am available.

Thanks for asking and

Thanks for asking and thinking of me. I am either going to wait a couple of months, or just do it during winter, when most people slack off on their running anyway. I waver everyday depending on how my nerves feel that day. What would you do? When would you do it?

That is a hard decision. Have

That is a hard decision. Have you thought about starting something other than running that you could maintain after your surgery to keep you busy? Like swimming or biking? Then you could have the surgery but you would be still be able to excercise at a level you are now.

Now for my opinion (and take it with a grain of salt) I think I would do it sooner than later. I can't imagine running in pain all the time is very much fun and I wouldn't want it to change my enjoyment I have running.

I wouldn't be able to peddal

I wouldn't be able to peddal a bike because I would have two incisions on one foot about an inch long each (since I will only have one foot done at a time, and I doubt they will do two feet at a time anyway). And I wouldn't be able to swim because of the incisions anyway. I found someone in my shod running club who went through the surgery (but only had one neuroma on one foot though), and she had great success with it, so I plan to talk to her soon.

I love running, and I am so used to running in pain, that I think I've kinda gotten used to it. The pain part of it is not pleasant, but as long as I can get to where I can stop and sit down, rub on my toes, I'm okay until the next run two to three days later, now at this point. Well see though. If it gets worse and worse, then I will have no choice but to get it over with.

Thanks for you input and support.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon