NB Minimus

ajb422

Barefooters
Sep 28, 2010
So there hasn't really been any chatter about these. Has anyone tried them or is everyone holding out for a zero drop version? I tried them on the other day and liked them better than the merrells because of the lack of a rock plate. But the only thing that kept me from buying them is that there appears to be some arch....protection or support or something like that. And it seemed to hit too far foward regardless of the male or female version. Has anyone spent any time running in the trail minimus and have comments about whether the arch becomes an issue? I'm still very much considering buying them, I hate my huaraches and frees when it is muddy.

I had to get a pair of

I had to get a pair of minimlist shoes for work because they won't let me wear my VFF. I tried the trail glove and didn't like the feel. I tried the Minimus Trails and liked it a lot more. I can notice the heal rise (4mm) slightly and it does get annoying at some points. I have never ran in them nor do I plan of it. I just bought them for work, and possibly rain storms.

a coworker of mine was in the

a coworker of mine was in the market for some minimal shoes and tried the tral gloves as well as the minimus trails and said he felt the minimus had a better fit for him. he said he felt like he was walking around in socks in them. I haven't tried them myself, as I'm pretty happy with my Merrells.

I have been running gravel

I have been running gravel roads and shoulders on and off with them for the last 3 weeks. The arch was not an issue but the strap across the metatarsals took a bit to get used too. I almost cut it but patience prevailed and it has stretched out. Plenty of room in the toe box for toe splay which was important to me. The shoe is extremely flexible and light. The 4mm heel lift has not been an issue for me but I wonder why they bothered to have one at all. I liked the shoes so much I was thinking about buying a second pair but will hold off with the hope of a zero drop coming out this fall. Take care.

i tried both on and liked the

i tried both on and liked the minimus better. with me already having two vffs that are tight on me and two pairs of huaraches and not having lots of spending money i didn't get any. especially sine vff pissed me off that now they give us the bikila ls after i bought mine a near year ago. they would've been perfect. waiting to buy the next pair when i actually need them and not want them.

Mike

Here is a video that I found

Here is a video that I found on a local running store website just under an ad for the Minimus. It shows him shaving off the heel to make it flatter. He mentions that NB is making them without heel rises now (or at least that's what I think he is saying).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ofkrxZvyrI&feature=player_embedded

Anyway, watch it and see what you think.

I just thought it was cool to see an ad with a barefoot/minimal guy on a running store website. :)

I've seen that video too but

I've seen that video too but if you look closely he's shaving the heel off his old trail shoes not the nb minimus, it took me awhile to figure out why a new balance ad would show him altering the shoes he helped design, but they are really some other brand of orange shoes.

I have heard alot of rumors about there being a zero drop version in the fall. I'm not sure I want to wait that long though.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7