Natural, light, and flowing...

I would love to run like

I would love to run like that. Hey, I would just love to run.

Note the foot is touching

Note the foot is touching down ahead of the center of gravity (now drink). I'm no expert but, IMO this illustrates the point that where the foot strike occurs in relation to the body is less important than where it is loaded.

S. Pimp.

I think that may be true for

I think that may be true for this runner. That would not be a good idea for me.

It's not possible to land

It's not possible to land under your center of gravity. It's a good rule to aim for it but the physics of the system won't ever let you do it while moving forward.

BB is probably right, but

BB is probably right, but things like that aren't always good to think about while running, because they just encourage you to be lazy. I've found with barefoot running you have to be trying to do one thing, and it will feel like your doing something else, and your actual motion will be another different thing. Like footsrike (even though I agree its best to just let your foot do what it does) you try to land mid-foot, it feels like your whole foot touches down at the same time, but if you actually look at what you're doing your landing on the ball of your foot first.

Also that guy must really be hauling, huge stride and lots of foot lift. Beautiful. I kinda wonder what my running form looks like, because I always feel like my feet barely leave the ground. I'll have to get a video tape of me running sometime.

He reminds me of a gazelle.

He reminds me of a gazelle.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7