My toe feels weird?

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
For the past month or so when I finish a run and start to walk I have a weird sensation, almost pain, in my second toe from the right on my right foot (my ring toe?) It almost feels like it might be out of joint or needs to be cracked. If I scrunch up my toes when I walk it's ok.

Anyone else get this or know what it might be?

A neuroma?  I'm sorry.

A neuroma? I'm sorry. That's my blanket answer for everything, isn't it?

Or disgusting blister

Or disgusting blister pictures.

I feel the same thing. It

I feel the same thing. It happens when I walk around in my VFFs. When I run I do not feel this as I tend to lift my foot straight up instead of roll my foot forward. I would suggest focusing on lifting your foot straight up or even walking around in more supportive shoes(gasp) since it looks odd to walk around lifting your feet straight up with a fast cadence. During a run focus on not rolling off your toes and just lifting your foot straight up.

I'm glad someone else has this problem.

I think this is something that may go away after getting used to it. I believe it has to do with weak muscles and poor gait.

Good luck!

Tyler, you may be on to

Tyler, you may be on to something with the gait. The past month I have really concentrated on speed so I am rolling off more than lifting. The faster my pace the more I roll, I feel really uncomfortable lifting too much at a

AH HA!I just stood up after

AH HA!

I just stood up after many hours of homework and did something that felt so natural that it made my foot stop hurting.

When walking, try keeping your hips forward more and straighten out your back, kind of pushing your chest out a bit. I think I slouch when I walk and it causes me to push off instead of just lift my feet. Also, I found that slightly turning my feet outwards helps me push more off my big toe than my middle one. Tell me if this helps.

Just some observations,

Just some observations, because i had the toe thing happen to me last week so i started paying attention to my body position while i'm running. For me, i'm finding that i tend to favor my right foot and i'm pushing rather than lifting. That's currently the reason that my pads are sore. The next thing that i noticed was that as i got tired, i slouched. My shoulders rolled forward and my back hunched over just a bit. I think this is causing my center of gravity to shift forward and with me favoring the right foot, my foot is rolling off more towards the 'ring toe' than forward towards the big toe.

I think that barefoottyler got it right with pushing the chest out and tilting the pelvis. As soon as I realized i was slouching and remember to straighten up, i could tell that the direction my foot rolled had shifted. Rather than rolling out, it was rolling more forward. I still need to work on lifting that foot though.

i'm good with the postural

i'm good with the postural stuff but I urge you greatly to be careful with things like pointing your toes in any direction but forward. rotation of the toes effects the knees and hips on a large scale and create more problems than it's worth. it may feel good for now but in the long run i'm not sure i see how much good can come from it. if you're just barely pointing them out it may be ok and if you are straightening from being pointed in then you should be fine as well with a small adjustment period but all my years of coaching, training, muscle activation training, and self practice say pointing the toes in or out on purpose can lead to problems so be careful my friends

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon