My Recent Near Death Accident While On Book Tour

Michael Sandler

Barefooters
Sep 16, 2011
Dear Friends and Family,

Many of you know I recently had a very serious accident.

I wanted to share with you what happened and what we're doing now. (Here's a video of what happened and our next step if you can't through this email: www.tinyurl.com/breathelove. It's a crowdfunding site to help us get back on our feet.)

This year I went on tour for Barefoot Walking. While on tour, I had incredibly bad =93luck=94 with a rental RV. First the heater went out leavi= ng me freezing for 2 days straight and a fever for 6 days. The electrical system went out repeatedly. The serpentine belt cut the wiring harness as it shredded and broke too. Then there was a break-in with all of my electronics and cell-phone stolen, plus 2 car accidents later the same day. And last, after picking up Jessica to return the lemon back to the dealership early, the transmission died, leaving us stranded for nearly a week. These were strong signs we needed to do things differently.

Then while returning the RV to the dealership, we went for one last hike. And after swimming in a snow-melt waterfall, I put on my leather moccasins to stay warm on our return. I should have stayed barefoot. Unfortunately, the moccasins didn't have any traction and I slipped in a stream crossing, landing on a pyramid-shaped rock, shattering my leg on impact. I thought I might die, and it was the scariest 2 hours of my life. But it was also life-changing. I was stuck in freezing snow-melt water, bleeding internally, but with Jessica by my side. At first I stopped breathing, then forced myself to breathe, half-here, and half-not for 2 hours until search and rescue stabilized me and helicoptered me away.

I'm expected to make a full recovery, but it's been incredibly challenging. I can't travel at the moment, and all of our savings went into our book tour and inventory for it. Plus we're facing massive medical bills, and costs to help me recover. So we're having to simplify our lives and downsize.

However, we're incredibly thankful. We've learned so much from this and Jessica calls it =93the best thing that ever happened to us=94. So, as good writers, we're writing a book about our healing adventure, and what we've learned which can help others overcome massive hurdles in their lives as well.

To help us get over the hurdles and get out a beautiful healing book (which will help us heal as well), we've started an Indiegogo =93crowdfunding=94 campaign and Jessica's made the most amazing video of the accident and what's happened since.

You can check it out here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/breathe-love-help-us-overcome-tragedy-and=
-write-our-2nd-indie-best-seller/x/3823300

If you can help in any way, we'd be grateful, and if not, if you can simply repost the video on your FB page, or share it with your friends or anyone who could use a boost in their spirits, we'd greatly appreciate it.

We've gone quiet for a few months to heal, and to write, but we'd love to hear from you, that helps boost our spirits as well.

Thank you for your love and support.

*LIFE IS GOOD!!!*

Michael

Reactions: rik

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon