My own tofp situation...

Everglade

Barefooters
Sep 26, 2011
I posted this in a different forum, but someone suggested I try asking in this section too... so here goes.
I'm training for a half marathon, and about two weeks ago I went for a 12 mile run. I did most of it barefoot, but I brought my vibrams along because part of the my usual route was closed off and I needed to travel over some rough terrain. The thing is, I wasn't used to my vibrams because I hadn't worn them for awhile (The weather was nice enough to go barefoot), PLUS the ground was uneven, PLUS I probably added too many miles too quickly. (My last long run had only been 8.5.) Once I cleared the rough terrain, the top of my foot (the tendon stretching from my ankle to my big toe) was throbbing. I took the vibrams off and continued my run, and the pain subsided slightly---but I was limping around on it the rest of the day.
I didn't run for a few days, and after that I did a few light runs. Every time I thought my foot was sufficiently healed, I would try running on it and only make the pain return again. Right now it doesn't hurt much unless I flex and point my toes. (Sort of a slight twinge/"squeaky" feeling in my foot. The "squeakiness" only started a few days ago.) My 1/2 marathon is in less than three weeks. Any suggestions on how I should train and treat my injury? Has anyone else experienced this?