My newest shoe experiment

Norm Deplume

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Moccasins. I had a pair of these in college (soft soled and everything), but then forgot about them. After spending hours and hours shopping for shoes that I could wear around town running errands, etc., that didn't make my feet sad (and failing) I went back to these. I bought them at Shoebuy.com but Zappos carries them too. They arrived today. They were just about wide enough when I was barefoot under them, but with socks they are cut a little narrow. Knowing the amount that leather stretches I think they'll be fine in a few days.
From Drop Box

Those look SO comfy.

Those look SO comfy.

I also picked up some

I also picked up some moccasins recently.

Super comfy... super minimal... almost perfect really.

These are the suede bottomed

These are the suede bottomed shoes. I tried the ones with the sole and they were okay, but I really prefer the leather sole. I'll keep an eye on them and if they start to wear too quickly I'll fortify them with shoe goo or plasti dip or something like that.

Please let us know how that

Please let us know how that plastidip goes for you, Norm, and how well they hold up through your winter runs.

I tried moccasins (all

I tried moccasins (all leather ones) a few years ago. I found they did provide pretty good ground feel, and lots of room for the toes to move, but the traction in the rain was HORRIBLE... they got super-slippery. And they got holes in them pretty fast. But they did make me look like Jeremiah Johnson, which I can't say for any other footwear. :)