My name is Jericon and I'm a runner...

Jericon

Barefooters
Feb 11, 2013
Hello. I live in San Jose CA, and work in San Francisco. I am a father of 2, a moderate workaholic and a runner.

I am "kind of" new to barefoot running. I have been wearing minimalist shoes for over 3 years, starting with my VFF KSO's. I would occasionally run with them, but I decided at the start of this year that I was going all out and set a rather aggressive goal for myself. I want to complete a Tough Mudder "race" that is taking place in Mid September.

For those of you not familiar with a Tough Mudder, it's a 11 Mile run, with 25 obstacles. The obstacles are extreme things like jumping into a pool of ice water and fully submerging yourself while climbing across, or drills where you have to snake crawl under barbed wire, with wires dangling from it that will shock you if you touch them.

To train for this, I have den doing a wide variety of things. I am working on a normal workout routine, am doing rock climbing, and of course, running. I am starting with a typical Couch to 5k plan (Courtesy of Zombies, Run!). Week 3 starts tonight. After I finish the 8 week program, I will further work on increasing my mileage until I the event.

Welcome Jericon! Good to have you here :)

Welcome, Jericon! Please feel free to join the San Francisco Chapter via the Chapters link above.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway