My BFR form, critiques welcome

After 4 months of BFR I finally managed my wife to videotape me so I can see what my form looks like and look for things to improve.

This is my usual 180 BPM, 7:30 pace run, comments and suggestions for improvements welcome :smile:

Real time video

Slow motion video

I say your form looks good...

I say your form looks good... but then, what the hell do I know? I have been at this 10 months and I figure I have about another year before I am fully transitioned. Every other run... something feels different.

I would also mention that you look comfortable.

lownox wrote:I say your form

lownox said:
I say your form looks good... but then, what the hell do I know? I have been at this 10 months and I figure I have about another year before I am fully transitioned. Every other run... something feels different. I would also mention that you look comfortable.

Thanks lownox, it helps to hear from someone running BF much longer than myself, it gives me the confidence I am on the right track. :grade:

Watching that makes me want

Watching that makes me want to go out and run right now! :D So graceful compared to ugly, unnatural shod heel crunching...

Looks good to me.  You can

Looks good to me. You can see that you aren't jarring with your impact and are rolling like they say we are supposed to. Textbook to my rookie eyes.

I am totally intrigued by

I am totally intrigued by this video... This is the first time I have seen a barefoot runner in actual motion, and its very enjoyable to watch. :p

nothing immediately obvious

nothing immediately obvious is sticking out to me, and you seem like your having a blast. I figure if somethings wrong you will be hating your life at the moment, therefore your doin a great job.

Looks right to me. And in the

Looks right to me. And in the slo mo you can see that the transition from what looks like it could end up as a heel strike to the correct landing occurs at the last microseconds before touchdown. I'll bet most BFRunners can see stop action shots that seem as if to indicate a heel strike.

Cassie should supply a video before worrying about her possible heel strike.

It looks to me like you are

It looks to me like you are running the way God intended you to run, natural. You are light on your feet and very free flowing from one step to the other.

great outfit!form looks good

great outfit!

form looks good to me:)

Thanks everyone for

Thanks everyone for encouraging comments :shy:

If the form is good, I am going to start working on increasing the distance. The most I have run so far was 10 miles and felt like "well oiled machine" at the end so why not to try 15 miles now :lol:

Hey, you don't need our

Hey, you don't need our approval to start working up your mileage, if your mind, body, and feet say go, then go! I'd say your form looks pretty good too, but the most important thing is that it FEELS good, and from your expression I bet it does. Keep up the good work! Er, form.

Danjo wrote:Hey, you don't

Danjo said:
Hey, you don't need our approval to start working up your mileage, if your mind, body, and feet say go, then go! I'd say your form looks pretty good too, but the most important thing is that it FEELS good, and from your expression I bet it does. Keep up the good work! Er, form.

Thanks Danjo, my mind, body, and feet say go and it FEELS really good so I will GO :evil:

It is just I have been in this 4 months only so I am still concerned about TMTS :wink:

I guess I need to start being less paranoid about getting injured :lol:

I don't think it's paranoia,

I don't think it's paranoia, I think it's a man listening closely to his body.

Being a TMTS casualty myself, I wish I had been a little more paranoid.

Looks effortless, especially

Looks effortless, especially for a 7:30 pace. I wouldn't change a darn thing.

looks great

looks great

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts