Mt washington

Stoplookinatme

Barefooters
May 20, 2012
Has anyone climbed mt Washington barefoot? I was curious how barefoot friendly it was. I climbed up a very brief portion yesterday on my vacation to NH, only up to the Crystal overlook and it was all gravel. I wonder how far up the gravel part extends?

By the way, what forum do you post stuff like this? I wasn't sure.

This forum is fine for walking and hiking too, since at some point you probably will start running, especially if you are going downhill. Ha! Anywho, we don't get many threads on walking and hiking barefoot, but if we start to, we will consider creating another forum for that.

Reactions: BFwillie_g
I've made around 4 or 5 trips hiking in the Whites, very beautiful! Last trip (which included Washington and the rest of the nearby presidents) was way back in 96. Would love to go back someday. Never thought about running them though, I usually have a pack on for multiday treks.

yes! and he posted a really cool vid a youtube, which I can't find atm ... searched and found this one, though, different cool guy than the one I'm thinking of:

That looks like a very slow hike, barefoot or shod, but fun.

I had some photos I scanned from our trips to the Whites but they are on a computer that is probably dead and I fear I may have lost em (along with several years of other pics). :( Some of the views were incredible.

Get the hard drive out of the computer, Tristan, and take it to a computer shop. You will be amazed at how files can be copied off of old hard drives these days.

Did you go barefoot on that mountain, Mike?

Thanks TJ... well I am a bit of a computer geek (or at least used to be), I had the drives in a hardware RAID-0 array. I am pretty sure if I cant get the motherboard working or get an identical motherboard (it was a pretty rare mb, and now like 8 years old) then I'm screwed. I've run it by a few friends that even more knowledgeable and about the only other solution proposed is some of the more advanced data recovery places but I'm not going to spend hundreds or thousands getting the data off em. There is still a few things I'm going to try on the mb to get it working. Sorry dont want to go on to much on a tangent here...

Thanks TJ... well I am a bit of a computer geek (or at least used to be), I had the drives in a hardware RAID-0 array. I am pretty sure if I cant get the motherboard working or get an identical motherboard (it was a pretty rare mb, and now like 8 years old) then I'm screwed. I've run it by a few friends that even more knowledgeable and about the only other solution proposed is some of the more advanced data recovery places but I'm not going to spend hundreds or thousands getting the data off em. There is still a few things I'm going to try on the mb to get it working. Sorry dont want to go on to much on a tangent here...
Tristan, check out out used computers, then switch out the hard drives. Just had to do this myself as the comp that I had been using crashed the motherboard. Bought used one that was compatible for $50 and was able to get all my files off. Now I use a external hard drive to store my essentials. Sorry about getting of topic for this post.

This was your own RAID? Have you run diagnostics? How do you know it's the motherboard, not some other component? Have you thought about reinstalling the bios or drivers? You still should be able to find pretty old drivers out there. If you can't use the exact motherboard, maybe a similar one. I still think you could probably search the internet high and low to find what you need. It's out there. You just have to look for it. I still have a lot of old hardware from my IT days when I worked as a network admin.

dutchi check my last post, putting the drives into another computer isnt going to work. :( Dont want to derail further though so taking this to pm's.

On topic though, if anyone wants to go to the Mt Washington or any of the Whites let me know!