Mileage Reporting Week 19 (May 10 - May 16)

Discussion in 'Mileage Reporting' started by Larry, May 10, 2021.

1. Larry

Larry Barefooters
    1. Australia

Kicking the week off with an easy 6km run on the beach this morning. It was instagram worthy - brilliant red-orange-yellow sunrise in one direction and a rainbow at the other end of the beach, but unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me.

2. Tedlet

Tedlet Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

(I never take a camera either..;))
    7.5km this morning-lovely day for a run. Nice and dry and good temperatures now too.
    Good steady pace round both lakes today…:)

3. macdiver

macdiver Barefooters
    1. New Jersey
    2. Delaware

I use my phone to play my music while running so I always have my camera too.

4. duckfeet

duckfeet Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

I rarely listen to music while running- I prefer the sound of the surf and birds. I do take my phone in the dead of Winter though in case I need it- where I run in the Winter is pretty sparse on people.
    I did 5 miles on Monday evening- it was a beautifully sunny evening but still 20 plus degrees below normal in the upper 40's. My knee feels better, and my feet are gradually getting into mid-Summer shape. Every year the macadam I run on gets a year older and a year sharper so I would hope that my technique has to continue to improve each year to be able to hold my own on that surface. I guess there will come a point where I need to find a new location.

Runlite01, Tedlet and Larry like this.
  5. Larry

Larry Barefooters
    1. Australia

Just back from my old ancestral home of Ballarat. I planned on running a lap of the lake there, which is a gravel track of 6km that all of the local runners tend to use. Last time I ran there I ran my best 5k time in years AND picked up a metatarsal stress fracture, so I wanted to erase some of the bad memories.

The weather overnight was typical Ballarat, howling wind and pretty cold, and the morning was pretty uninviting, but I strolled over from our AirBnB and tried to put in a brisk effort without being tempted to go too fast and break something. The path is a bit rough in places and I was dodging around trying to find occasional relief on the leaf-strewn grass beside the path. Not many runners out due to the poor conditions, but a few people said hi and a couple gave me funny looks and comments.

I ran a reasonable time by my standards, then did a few more km to kill some more time so I didn't stumble back into the holiday house and wake everybody up early.

Runlite01, duckfeet and Tedlet like this.
  6. Tedlet

Tedlet Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

8.25km this morning. A wet run today- but the temperatures not too bad now, so it was quite nice running through the puddles.
    Came across a group of proud looking geese leading a large group of newly hatched goslings to the water. And then past the swans nest again -she’s still sitting there incubating her eggs. Seems like ages since I first noticed her. -wonder how long they take to hatch…?:)

duckfeet, Runlite01 and Larry like this.
  7. duckfeet

duckfeet Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Tedlet, 35-41 days for the swans to hatch.
    I did 4.1miles yesterday evening on my usual route at Presque Isle. It was sunny and about 60 degrees with a refreshing breeze. Everything looked vibrant green and new and fresh, and I think I felt pretty much the same throughout the run. Another couple of weeks before the official start of the summer season at Presque Isle, so I am enjoying the serenity before the crush of tourists begins.

Larry, Runlite01 and Tedlet like this.
  8. Tedlet

Tedlet Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Cheers Duckfeet -reckon they can’t be far off saying hello to the world now. Think I’ll try and take that particular path on my next few runs just to see if/when they hatch..

Larry, duckfeet and Runlite01 like this.
  9. Tedlet

Tedlet Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

15.5km this morning. Rainy day today and quite hard work after the 9th km for some reason -some days it just goes like that I guess…:barefoot:

Larry, duckfeet and Runlite01 like this.
  10. RandyY

RandyY Barefooters
    1. Canada

Staurday did 6.07 km in the morning. Got my music playing, makes a difference on my cadence, at least it seemed easier running than last time! :)

Tedlet, Larry, duckfeet and 1 other person like this.
  11. Runlite01

Runlite01 Barefooters
    1. Texas - Dallas

Boulder and I did a 3 runs this week.
    We did a 4 mile run Monday.
    We did a 3 mile run Thursday.
    Today we did a great 8 mile run at 6:00 am, it was already getting light out. We spotted lots of rabbits and lots of birds. There were many spots with spring flowers.
    All 3 very nice runs!!

Tedlet, Larry and duckfeet like this.
  12. macdiver

macdiver Barefooters
    1. New Jersey
    2. Delaware

7 days & 7 runs. Weekly total was 31.47 miles. Four 3 milers, one 4 miler, one 5 miler, and one 10 miler. Run Streak is at 147 days. After my 10 mile run on Sunday, I also got a leisurely 17 mile bike ride in with my wife and a friend.

duckfeet, Tedlet and Larry like this.