Mileage Reporting Week 19 (May 10 - May 16)

I rarely listen to music while running- I prefer the sound of the surf and birds. I do take my phone in the dead of Winter though in case I need it- where I run in the Winter is pretty sparse on people.
I did 5 miles on Monday evening- it was a beautifully sunny evening but still 20 plus degrees below normal in the upper 40's. My knee feels better, and my feet are gradually getting into mid-Summer shape. Every year the macadam I run on gets a year older and a year sharper so I would hope that my technique has to continue to improve each year to be able to hold my own on that surface. I guess there will come a point where I need to find a new location.

Just back from my old ancestral home of Ballarat. I planned on running a lap of the lake there, which is a gravel track of 6km that all of the local runners tend to use. Last time I ran there I ran my best 5k time in years AND picked up a metatarsal stress fracture, so I wanted to erase some of the bad memories.

The weather overnight was typical Ballarat, howling wind and pretty cold, and the morning was pretty uninviting, but I strolled over from our AirBnB and tried to put in a brisk effort without being tempted to go too fast and break something. The path is a bit rough in places and I was dodging around trying to find occasional relief on the leaf-strewn grass beside the path. Not many runners out due to the poor conditions, but a few people said hi and a couple gave me funny looks and comments.

I ran a reasonable time by my standards, then did a few more km to kill some more time so I didn't stumble back into the holiday house and wake everybody up early.

8.25km this morning. A wet run today- but the temperatures not too bad now, so it was quite nice running through the puddles.
Came across a group of proud looking geese leading a large group of newly hatched goslings to the water. And then past the swans nest again -she’s still sitting there incubating her eggs. Seems like ages since I first noticed her. -wonder how long they take to hatch…?:)

Tedlet, 35-41 days for the swans to hatch.
I did 4.1miles yesterday evening on my usual route at Presque Isle. It was sunny and about 60 degrees with a refreshing breeze. Everything looked vibrant green and new and fresh, and I think I felt pretty much the same throughout the run. Another couple of weeks before the official start of the summer season at Presque Isle, so I am enjoying the serenity before the crush of tourists begins.

Tedlet, 35-41 days for the swans to hatch.
I did 4.1miles yesterday evening on my usual route at Presque Isle. It was sunny and about 60 degrees with a refreshing breeze. Everything looked vibrant green and new and fresh, and I think I felt pretty much the same throughout the run. Another couple of weeks before the official start of the summer season at Presque Isle, so I am enjoying the serenity before the crush of tourists begins.
Cheers Duckfeet -reckon they can’t be far off saying hello to the world now. Think I’ll try and take that particular path on my next few runs just to see if/when they hatch..

Boulder and I did a 3 runs this week.
We did a 4 mile run Monday.
We did a 3 mile run Thursday.
Today we did a great 8 mile run at 6:00 am, it was already getting light out. We spotted lots of rabbits and lots of birds. There were many spots with spring flowers.
All 3 very nice runs!!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090