Mileage Reporting Week 10 (Mar 13-19)

happysongbird

Chapter Presidents
Jul 1, 2011
Nampa, Idaho
dailyimprovisations.com
Greetings! I have missed you guys! The temperatures here in Idaho are finally where I can hope to regularly run barefoot! YAY! I ran 6.6 miles Monday and am getting ready to head out for a quick 3 this morning.

I am pleased with how my soles seem to have retained most of their conditioning over the wet, cold winter, but I have to admit that 2 weeks in Cozumel probably helped. Also, I wrote about my open water ocean swims over on my blog.

I am not planning on signing up for any races this year unless it seems right on the spur of the moment. I hope it will work out, but it just can't be a priority right now.

In case anyone is wondering, the new puppy is doing great. :)

Nice early 8.3km for me back around the lake and the local village with my running buddy (they're still in shoddie land:(, but there you go...).
Was unusually foggy, but otherwise dry & a pretty good temperature for running. Saw quite a few other runners today -starting to get into the serious season now I think. Kept the pace nice and steady and feet, legs, etc... all feeling good!:)...

HSB -wondered where you'd got to!...

Greetings! I have missed you guys! The temperatures here in Idaho are finally where I can hope to regularly run barefoot! YAY!
Howdy, HSB! Ironic that I've been barefoot for almost two months now and it just got too cold for barefoot this week!

I did my first shod run since January yesterday, just a really easy 2 miles since I still have the sore spot on my foot but it is healing quickly. My knee was a bit sore for the limping like gait I've done the last couple days so just wanted an easy run to try to get it stretched out and back to normal. The temps with wind chill at the time were single digits (F) so I would have been in shoes anyhow. Very windy, I was bundled up with a couple heavier layers for a change, neck warmer, plus wind shells over top. Suppose to start warming back up above freezing for the weekend though!

5 .miles Wednesday at 4:45 am
5 miles today at 4:45 am different paths each day, nice weather but overcast so no stars.
Lots of rabbits

My Wednesday run ended up at 3.3 miles and much faster pace than I've been doing lately, by about 1.5 minutes! I guess I was really enjoying being barefoot again and the excellent weather. Today was my long run and I put in a relaxed 10 miles, followed by a 25 minute swim that was also surprisingly relaxed. I know that I wasn't swimming any slower, because I didn't change the current flow in my swimming pool. So that was 3 runs and 3 swims this week, but only one day on the spin bike because there has been some perfect yard work weather, so I have spent quite a few hours getting a good start on that for the season.

Reactions: Tedlet and Blemons
Decided to do another parkrun this weekend to round off the week, so 5km for me on Saturday morning.
Ran it a bit faster than I normally do -just to see how I'd get on really. Managed to keep to a reasonably level 5m30s/km pace and felt pretty good at the finish. Its' not a bad course for barefoot -the path is a bit broken up in places, but nothing you can't pick your way through.
Might go again in a week or so (and maybe then more regularly too) and use it as a kind of rough & ready measure of progress over the warmer months by reference to how I feel afterwards:)...

I doubt I'm getting out yet today (at work today) so I'll put in my report now. I did 5.6 Thursday and 5.7 Friday, both shod, mostly easy pace. Letting my worn forefoot heal a bit more. Saturday decided to try my first barefoot run since my wound was healed over and the skin looked pretty much normal, but only the first 2 miles. It was colder than expected, slightly below freezing and also it started to mist/sprinkle which also wasn't on the forecast yet, so cold and damp were not the best conditions for tender new skin. But the 2 went fine. Then I laced up and went back out for another 6.5, actually did a little bit of speedwork just a few random short bursts.

So week total wasn't much, 21.75 miles and about 2.5 of those were walking.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090