Mileage Reporting 12th Week of 2013

Reactions: Bare Lee
Oh, forgot to post my yesterday's miles/workout...zip, zero, nada, that's right didn't do anything yesterday and I don't feel bad about it-Ha! :happy:

Now that you're back, I'll probably start getting injured again. Oh, No!!
But it's worth it to witness once more your idiosyncratic use of the quotation function.
I do it just for you my friend, I can imagine the hairs on your babk curling up, he,he.

Butt seriously, thanks for your healing advice and words of encouragement through all this. Hopefully I won't need any more!
Don't mention it.

Reactions: Bare Lee
3.5 mi early, brrrrrrr, whipping gusting nasty winds, low 20s temps, swirling clouds of snow near the ground looking like cheap sci fi special effects, ice covered puddles, that, lo and behold, had liquid water beneath the ice for my socks and sandaled feet. Tomorrow's weather is predicted to be just 5-10 degrees colder during the day, and windier.

~35 min swim, took it easy, since I have a long lesson tonight and the butterfly is on the agenda.

oh, I'm fine, back to normal. Just pi55ed that I didn't get in the time on my feet that I wanted and won't have five free hours again until... Friday? Nope... Sunday I guess grrrrrrr

Btw, what did we ever do in the years prior to cell phones? :oldman:

Lots of people died back in the day when they ventured out and couldn't find their way back AND no cell to call mommy.

3.5 mi early, brrrrrrr, whipping gusting nasty winds, low 20s temps, swirling clouds of snow near the ground looking like cheap sci fi special effects, ice covered puddles, that, lo and behold, had liquid water beneath the ice for my socks and sandaled feet. Tomorrow's weather is predicted to be just 5-10 degrees colder during the day, and windier.

~35 min swim, took it easy, since I have a long lesson tonight and the butterfly is on the agenda.

That sounds miserable, we are having the same kind of weather round here too.
I don't know how you do it. You are my hero! Well one of them.

Am strongly leaning toward a rest day. I'm thinking I may not have recovered from my busy day on Saturday, because the thought of running makes me want to cry... or it could be that 1/3 of my new chicks have died since I got them yesterday. Partly got them in memory of my daughter's birthday, as she loved them and would have been 24 this month on the 28th. Maybe next year I'll get an inanimate object. Yeah, I think I need a nap.

Am strongly leaning toward a rest day. I'm thinking I may not have recovered from my busy day on Saturday, because the thought of running makes me want to cry... or it could be that 1/3 of my new chicks have died since I got them yesterday. Partly got them in memory of my daughter's birthday, as she loved them and would have been 24 this month on the 28th. Maybe next year I'll get an inanimate object. Yeah, I think I need a nap.

I think your body is telling you to take it easy and rest, nothing wrong with skipping a workout or two.
I did nothing today, again I feel just drained out of energy, is the world going to end because I skipped two days with no workouts?-I think not.
Your body will be very grateful to you for letting it rest.

Sorry about the chicks, hopefully some of them will make it in honor of your daughter.
I am very sorry about your daughter I can't imagine how it is but I am sure the good memmories carry you thru.
Now go and take that much needed nap.

Reactions: happysongbird
Sorry. Don't want to mislead anyone. It's March. It was 10 years ago March 2nd that she died, so not something new. Just fresh to me every March in particular. Thanks.

Temperature increased again today, a nice and sunny 17C (62F) at 6am. As it is still dark, I took my LED lamp with me, and it was worth it, just for a few sections. However, I took a route that I know pretty well, just in case, and I was surprised to almost instinctively knowing where to be careful (rough patches, etc) without really seeing. I would by far prefer trying new routes, and have to concentrate on the road, but I had to get out early today...So my run was 7.7km (4.8mi) fairly slow....I hope I did not jinx it the other day by saying I ran 9 month injury free, I feel some tension in my right ankle :nailbiting:

Such anniversaries have a way of exercising our bodies and souls. Rest seems what your body is asking your for.
Keep tending the remaining chicks. How many do you have? I've always wanted to raise chickens. Do you have a coop?

Such anniversaries have a way of exercising our bodies and souls. Rest seems what your body is asking your for.
Keep tending the remaining chicks. How many do you have? I've always wanted to raise chickens. Do you have a coop?
I did nap and feel MUCH better. thanks.

We've had chickens for the last 12 years and have a couple of coops. I have about 20 little guys left. Most of the time they move too much to count, but then one will just die. First time to try mail order chicks. Seems to be a lot rougher on them, although I had heard good reports. Chickens are much more fun than I would have thought, overall. If you ever do decide to give it a try, feel free to email me about it. I love talking about them. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7