Michigan Newbie

richards

Barefooters
Aug 27, 2011
Ok so this is my second attempt at adding my introduction
puzzled.png

I have been running in minimalist shoes for about 6 yrs now, the first pair I bought were a pair of Adidas and I noticed that they drastically improved my run time so when it came time to replace them I couldn't find them anymore not even on a discontinued adidas search, So then after searching and searching for shoes by weight, I found a pair of FeelMax and loved them I wore them for awhile then I started to loose toenails (nasty) and then found VFF. I kept my FeelMax because I'm in the military and of course can wear the VFF for PT tests, and with the FeelMax nobody notices. Just this week I ditched my VFF because my 11yr wanted to go for a run with me and she didn't have shoes to wear so I gave her my VFF and said I would go barefoot, I wanted to try it anyways and it seemed like a good time to start. Well I haven't put my shoes on since, and I ran an 8K yesterday barefoot. which brings me to finding this site. So there I was.....standing in a uh ...a line..I look over to my right and here come this guy, NO SHOES either!! He introduces himself as Longboard, and I just gave him this blank look, and he says "your not on BRS are you?" "uh no whats that" I said. Wow to my amazement there is a group out there for barefoot runners! I know I can be clueless at times. Everything I have learned about minimalist running are barefoot running I have learned on my own by thank God google. So Longboard, his wife and I spent much of the prerace chatting and I learned a lot. After my run I found him again and we hung out he of course told me about Barefoot Runners Society, I couldn't wait to join. And here I am... I am in the Michigan National Guard, married with an 11, and 7 yr old girls and a 2yr old boy....and sorry this intro is sooo long. I cant wait to get to know you all and probably run with some of you! I obviously didn't make it to the run in Grand Rapids today, short notice. Oh well there will be others.

Welcome, Richards.  Thank you

Welcome, Richards. Thank you for your service! Glad to have you here.

welcome!  Glad to have you

welcome! Glad to have you with us! Be sure to check the Michigan Chapter page for events and goings-on around the state. I try to keep it up to date as much as I can ;)

Can't ask for much better of an introduction to barefoot running than to chat with Longboard for a bit! ;)

richards wrote: .....So there

richards said:
.....So there I was.....standing in a uh ...a line..I look over to my right and here come this guy, NO SHOES either!! He introduces himself as Longboard.....

Who says emerging from an overused PortaJohn barefoot ain't the way to meet chicks........!

Welcome to the crew.  I'm an

Welcome to the crew. I'm an old soldier, now a consultant for FORSCOM at Fort Bragg. There are lots of military folks here as well as lots of non-military folks who have boatloads of great experience to share for the asking. You stumbled onto one of the great grandaddies of them all in Longboard. Enjoy the site and running free!

Phil

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7