Merrill Trail Glove concerns

Do the minimus's come in a

Do the minimus's come in a wide version? I really like mine, except that I got the mens and really don't feel like I have wide feet and I find them pretty much perfect width wise. So it might be too narrow for you guys. I also had to do some surgery to the back of them and cut away areas by the achilles so that I stopped getting my skin all cut up. Once I fixed the achilles problem I love them. If they have a wide version it might work well.

I've run over some fairly nasty rocks in them, have done a 50k, a 26 mile training run and countless 20-22 milers in them without any problems. Maybe a few curses here and there but nothing serious. I suppose they did get a bit toasty during the 50k, but not till about mile 29 and I had been pretty lax with the actual bf running because of the cold so my skin was a bit more tender than normal. I do wear socks, normally super super thin ones, not athletic ones. I tried it without them and I felt like I needed something to soak up/wick away sweat.

I did end up signing up for that same 50k your running. Its amazing how a few weeks after I forgot about how painful the whole process was :)

Okay, this may be a dumb

Okay, this may be a dumb question, but I don't understand...

You say you tried on the Minimus Trail. But at the end you add, "I gotta find someone local to try out the NB MT10..." But the MT10 is the Minimus Trail. Do you mean you tried on the MT101?

Sorry if I'm missing something, just honestly curious. The MT10 looks interesting, so I'd like to know which shoe is getting the bad review.

I tried the NB Minimus trail

I tried the NB Minimus trail this weekend. Let me state first that I was on the Wear Test for the Minimus Wellness shoe and fell in love with the pair I still own. The Minimus Trail though, what the hell were they thinking. They took a great shoe and turned it into an undersized mess up. The toe box is WAY to tight especially compared to the MTG, Ya it has some drop but not enought to concern me, and the top of the toebox weels like a sock. The biggest letdown was that I put them on my feet and started walking around the store and, honestly, my body started to reject them. I could not wait to get them off my feet. The dude in the store asked if I wanted to go outside and "Take em for a spin". I said hell no and took them off. I was let down. I was more interested in wearing the bright colored Asics Gel Noosa Tri than these shoes.

Shacky, I feel your pain. I need a good trail shoe, the perfect trail shoe. I can't find it. Man I sure with the Altra Lone Peak was more than just vaporwear

I gotta find someone local to try out the NB MT101 or the Inov-8 212.

EDIT to 101

I mistyped, I tried on the

I mistyped, I tried on the Minimus, Didn't like it. I am now looking for a 101. Found one last night, liked the look but they didn't have my size 13, I think the Toe box will once again be way too small. I had previously tried the MT 100 and it was too narrow. I read someone the 101 was wider. Could be a rumor.

So many numbers my head spings. All I want is a Trail shoe for a wide foot. Heck at this point I don't really care if it has a little padding. However I tried on some La Sportivas that came in 13 wide. I was happy until I started walking around in them and felt like a hooker in high heels. They are the only trail show so far that when I put them on I went oooooo, I like this. but they won't work.

I almost don't dare admit on

I almost don't dare admit on this forum what I ended up buying. But I'll say anyway. My journey finding a wide enough, light enough and low profile enough shoe might be over. At least for now. They aren't a minimalist trail shoe by any means but by the mainstream standards they definitley have less of everything. Less Heel, Less padding and less stability. in fact I was blown away how a non minimalist shoe could feel the trail. What they are lacking in are all the things I didn't want anyway. This is good.

What they have lots of, are serious lugs for massive traction. I feel like I am running with knobbies from the old motocross days and they have lots of good toe room to splay out the tootsies and be happy.I was also impressed how flexible the sole is. I think it has ore flex that the MTG even being that it is thicker. The rockplate design only covers critical areas instead of the entire bottom allowing lots of twist.

The shoes cause I know your dying to know, Inov-8 Roclite 295's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2OO9VlmhE

I know, Not Barefoot, Not Minimalist but the right tool for the job I need them to do.

I may have to search for

I may have to search for Inov8 and give them a spin

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7