Leming (Stem) Primal Origins Review

Great review bf in az. I tried these on a while back and I am kicking myself for not buying them. I was shocked at the comfort of them, which I guess is because of the air infused sole. Anyhow, I am hoping to get a pair this month if I get enough b-day cash. Thanks for the review which really just helped seal the deal for me. Mostly they will be my just bumming around kicks, but maybe occasionally I might wear them on a run if it gets cold enough.

I went and tried some on this weekend. When I tried them on last they were called Stems. They fit much better as Stems. These Lemings didn't fit right for me at all, so I guess I am back to the drawing board for some casual shoes. I read somewhere that they had made some "minor" changes with the fit along with some other minor chages. I guess these changes made it so the shoes don't fit me now. Now I'm really kicking myself for not buying them way back when...:(

They're very comfortable.....but.....the smell!! It gets overpowering. Mine developed a funk after wearing them some without socks.
Never did understand this whole thing.....even with the 5 fingers.
Any of my shoes smell if I wear them without socks...
Of course I have real sweatty feet....sooooo :oops:

I went and tried some on this weekend. When I tried them on last they were called Stems. They fit much better as Stems. These Lemings didn't fit right for me at all, so I guess I am back to the drawing board for some casual shoes. I read somewhere that they had made some "minor" changes with the fit along with some other minor chages. I guess these changes made it so the shoes don't fit me now. Now I'm really kicking myself for not buying them way back when...:(

The Stem version seems to still be available on the Leming website: http://www.lemingfootwear.com/Natural-Origins-Men_p_31.html

I've had my Stems since February of this year, and wear them to work every single week day. Sometimes with socks and sometimes without. I haven't really noticed them stinking much, but I do need to wash them as the footbed is a little dirty from wearing them with no socks after going barefoot.

Anyway, I've had them nearly 8 months with 45+ hours a week of use, and they have held up AWESOME! I usually just keep them loosely tied and slip them on/off. When I leave my office they come off as soon as I get to the car. :p

I purchased them in February of this year (just before they changed to that st00pid name!) from an "outdoors" type retailer in Nashville, TN. Nobody in Memphis had them, I needed to try them on first, and I was up there on business anyway so I went ahead and got them. Boy am I glad I did because they are far, FAR more comfortable than VFF's for everyday use. However I would not and have never run in them. Also mine did not come with any removable insole pieces.

I don't like shoes much, but as far as shoes go these are by far my most favorite. Nothing else I have tried even comes close in terms of comfort, and actually feeling like you're *almost* barefoot.

Reactions: NickW
I've had a pair of stems since before release (was lucky enough to score a prototype) and I'm still wearing them! I Love them, definitely one of my favorite pairs of shoes (I honestly like the prototypes a little more than the final product... thinner, lighter, no insole). Very cool company too!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7