Late Notice: This Sat MI fun 5K and free art/music/food festival tickets for 4

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Last October I did a fun little 5K in Royal Oak MI that was helping promote the arts. This year they moved it up to this coming Sat to coincide with the Royal Oak Arts, Beats, & Eats festival, and are including four tickets to the event with each entry.

The festival runs Thursday through Monday (Labor Day) and is a very large and popular one.

For years it was held in Pontiac, but moved to Royal Oak just last year and was a huge success.

This is not bands that can find no where else to play, but some really good ones, and are listed on the site.

Plenty of food and beverages from area restaurants that have set up special booths to show off their stuff, and adult beverages abound.

I'm posting the link to the two sites here since some MI people may not check the MI chapter posts in time, but I will post it there too.

The race: http://www.michiganyoutharts.org/5k/

The festival: http://www.artsbeatseats.com/

Of special interest: The festival site has a twitter feed and is heavy into social media. The guy in charge of social media for the event was hired when he gained notoriety while being fired from his last job as director of Chrysler social media.

He's the one who mistakingly tweeted to ALL Chrysler followers instead of just his friends: " For a place that calls itself the Motor City the people sure don't know how to F$%#^@# drive!" He of course spelled it out and got his 15 minutes plus a change of employment.

Anyone that thinks they are interested, and any glass artists that want to come and run and camp this one too give me a shout!

That sounds like a good time,

That sounds like a good time, not the being fired part, but the rest of the activities. I really have to get up there to Michigan to meetup with you crazies who can't drive!

Hey we will be there, my 11yr

Hey we will be there, my 11yr wants to run it too! I'm excited for her its her first race, and my younger two will be there also. But Hubs has to work, And since we've been talking and I've been talking to the hubs more about running and hanging out with other runners, hes getting is booty off the couch and wants to start running too! I'm soooo excited that he will be able to start running with me!

having worked all week and

having worked all week and working tomorrow, I didn't see this till now.. or I might have tried to get up there today.. at this point, just going to enjoy the r&r

Missed you Amie, but it was

Missed you Amie, but it was great!

Richards came and so there were two barefoot runners racing.

As planned, one of her daughters (age 11) ran the 5K in vibrams, and was ahead of me for the first two miles.

The art, food, and music fair was also fun, we all hung out together for quite a while after the race.

BTW, Richards has sped up. When I crossed the finish line I heard "There's ANOTHER barefoot runner!"

First time since Ann Arbor I did'nt come in first in my distance in the unofficial barefoot division!

Haha yeah and it only gets

Haha yeah and it only gets worse: anything in the A2 area will be tough these days. I think Eric had rockets installed in his feet since May! ;)

Well at least I can still win

Well at least I can still win in the barefoot group as long as Ken Bob does'nt show up.

Then again I'll turn 60 before him, I'll go run in the barefoot division in Huntington Beach and still come in first.

How'd Eric do in the Naked Foot 5K in Grand Rapids last week?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7