Kissing Knees

Stephanie Agosta

Barefooters
Aug 19, 2011
I've been a competitive runner all my life and finally had my first surgery a year ago on my big toe. Teaching myself a new way to run. I have my pelvis level, knees bent, shorter strides...but why do my knees kiss each other with each step? is it the lack of lean?

Stephanie

Experiment- try running on a

Experiment- try running on a straight line several inches wide, like in a parking lot. Where do your feet land in relation to the line? For example, do both feet land toward the middle of the line? Or do they even touch the line? Report the results.

It's hard to say without

It's hard to say without seeing you run. I would check your ankle position when you land and which way your feet point. I tend to run with my feet north and south landing pretty close to flat with the big toe ball of my foot or 2nd toe ball of my foot touching down first, but I see some barefooters run toes pointed out slightly landing around the 4th knuckle pad. If your toes point in slightly, I could see your knees might touch.

Hope you work it out. If you are able to post some clips, I'm sure some of the smarties here can point you in the right direction.

-Jonny

thank you for the responses.

thank you for the responses. My feet land flat and I tried the line test on the football field yesterday. My hips I've been told by my osteopath are exceptionally narrow, but I think I will see if I just need to strengthen the outer rotators more. I have been working on that lately and it seems to have improved. I don't normally see this issue with men - mostly with women and hip angle.

thank you for responses, anyone else?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon