Kids

Mark Wilkinson

Barefooters
Jun 2, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
My son is basically allergic to everything, including our two cats. Within the last year we have moved the cats into the basement to ease his allergies. It is now obvious that our cats are not happy down there, so tomorrow I am taking them to the Humane Society. This particular Humane Society has a great track record of placing older cats in homes so they will likely get adopted.

I just told my 5 year old daughter today, and as usual she surprised me with her reaction. She went downstairs and sat with the cats to explain what was going to happen to them and told me she wanted to get some pictures of them so she "doesn't ever forget about them".

I have to wonder when we lose this ability to adapt and accept situations that we are presented with.

Its situations like this that make me step back and really think about how well children are suited for living (between things like this and things like running) and then we as a society step in and screw things up in an attempt to make them "well adjusted". I don't think people ask "why" anymore, they just kind of go with the flow. As silly as it seems, BFR has opened my eyes to this and made me start questioning the basic things I do every day.

Sorry, I know this is a little serious and ranty for a Saturday morning.

My son was like that, allergic to everything... I had to get rid of my dog that I had for 9 years prior since he was a puppy. Very sad day, but had to do what I had to do!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts