Just Wondering...

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
Since I am not motivated enough to start a Barefoot Walkers (for exercise) Society site, I have to ask. Are there people on this forum who ONLY walk/hike barefoot? Or who at least spend about the same amount of time walking/hiking barefoot as they do running barefoot?

I believe myself to be lucky

I believe myself to be lucky to have spent the majority of the calendar year barefoot. I would say 80% of the time I am barefoot 17% minimalist and the last 3% in my old Chaco hikers or Footprints by Birkenstock brown dress shoe. As for intentional walks/hikes my wife and I go out on a walk (barefoot) at least twice a week.

Gracia y paz,

a

Nature Runner used to post

Nature Runner used to post here all the time. He is heavy into walking and hiking barefoot. There are some others here as well. I don't hike much, but when I do I am, of course, barefoot. (I CAN'T wear shoes due to having Morton's Neuroma in both feet.)

I most definetly am very much

I most definetly am very much still into hiking barefoot , and outside of work I am barefoot all the time. It's the best, especially hiking barefoot with no doubt. I actually just went on a 8 mile barefoot hike yesterday! ;)

Glad to hear from you, NR.

Glad to hear from you, NR.

Most of the barefoot hiker

Most of the barefoot hiker sites are pretty old, but a few have some updated activity.

This one is pretty good: http://barefoothikers.org/

Meanwhile, for daily info purposes I believe the BRS is probably the best place.

Maybe if there is enough interest TJ might even add a walkin/hiking section!

Yes...maybe TJ would... :) 

Yes...maybe TJ would... :) Yeah the sites people have listed look like they are inactive.

I could consider that, you

I could consider that, you guys. Do me a favor. Spur some interest in this idea, check back with me in a month or so, and we'll talk then. My plate is full at the moment. I want to make sure there is enough interest in starting a new forum. Spooner asked me to separate the Gear & Footwear forum, and I understand why, but we really don't get a lot of posts about Gear for it to warrant it's own forum. Let's make sure we have interest here first. Thanks.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7